Gabby Sidibe Reportedly Too Big for Vogue
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 25th 2010 06:00AM
Vogue Magazine Rejects 'Precious' Gabby
Sources tell me that the editors of Vogue magazine rejected the idea of letting Oscar nominee Gabby Sidibe grace its fashionable pages because of her size.
"She's a joke in the fashion community. What she wore on the red carpet at the Academy Awards wasn't a dress, it was a tent," one nasty little fashion queen (who I shall not be talking with again) told me.
"Vogue is venue where designers debut their best new pieces. All are of which are one of a kind and sample size. It would be impossible to get a regular-sized girl in those clothes, let alone Gabby," a less acid-tongued fashion source explained.
A spokesperson for Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who after a trip to Minnesota said, "I can only kindly describe most of the people that I saw as little houses," didn't return calls by deadline.
I say, if Vogue is so buddy-buddy with all the designers, tell them make a dress for Gabby for the next issue. See? Problem fixed. That was easy! And for all of you magazine editors out there, normal people don't want to see all of these skeleton models -- give us the real girls!
Manilow Replaced '70s 'Copa' Jacket With Tailed Tux
Finally, after 32 years, the most famous costume from the '70s has been updated.
Barry Manilow, who has hit the Las Vegas Strip with his new show, traded his famous white ruffled 'Copacabana' jacket for an elegant black tuxedo jacket with tails and dapper top hat.
The Smithsonian Museum in Washington requested the original 'Copa' jacket to include in its pop culture wing. Sadly, though, they returned it after Barry said, "I always knew it would end up in an institution one day." (Those museum types have no sense of humor.)
Still, Barry does have a sense of humor, and he tells me: "I'm going to miss that silly Copacabana shirt. I've worn it for so many years, it's walking around without me!"
Check out Barry at The Paris in Vegas, the hottest spot North (and West) of Havana.
The 'Top Chef' Tattoo Controversy Solved
Gail Simmons started an Internet firestorm amongst foodies with her latest video installment on KitchenDaily.com, when it appeared that she had a new tattoo on her forearm.
However, there's no need to panic, sources tell me. The shoot took place the day after a baby shower for 'Top Chef' host Padma Lakshmi, where one of the traditional party games/customs was for everyone to get a henna tattoo. The problem is, henna tattoos don't actually go away that fast, and hence, Gail's temporarily tatted video shoot.
Try some lemon juice, Gail! (Note to Real Simple magazine: Tell us how to wipe off a henna tattoo!)
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- Jack Huston to Star in 'Ben-Hur' Remake
- NFL Players Union Appeals Ray Rice Suspension
- 'New Girl' Showrunners Discuss Rebooting, Censor Skirting and Pot Smoking in Season 4
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks