Conan O'Brien on FOX: 'Far From a Done Deal,' Manager Says
Sorry, Team Coco, but whispers that Conan O'Brien is inching ever closer to a late-night gig at FOX remain mere rumors. Big Red's manager told FOX News' Pop Tarts yesterday that the former 'Tonight Show' host's future is "far from a done deal."
"He is not even close [to signing a new contract]," manager Gavin Polone said. "I don't know where that's all coming from. We've met with a few places and been in talks, but nothing is even near being finalized."
NBC's $40 million contract buyout stipulates that O'Brien can't appear on television until September. According to Polone, that hasn't been much of an issue -- Conan has been offered a slew of movie roles, which he has turned down in lieu of his upcoming comedy tour.
"Everything is going extremely well, its all excitement right now," Polone told FOX. "And the loyalty of his fans has just been amazing."
Much of Conan's staff has been with him for nearly two decades, and many followed him from New York to L.A. when he took over 'The Tonight Show.' According to the FOX story, "O'Brien is so determined to keep his close-knit work family that he's even been paying a number of staffers from his own pocket to keep them on-board until he finds a new network home."
We hope he finds that home soon, but the comedy tour -- heck, his Twitter alone -- is enough to keep our patience intact.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Caitlyn Jenner Slips Her Curves Into a Sexy Black Jumpsuit: See Her Latest Street Style!
- Ciara Opens Up About Struggle to Stay Celibate With Russell Wilson: Watch Us Weekly's Loose Talk Video
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Review: Tom Cruise Is as Game as Ever in "Smart and Satisfying" Blockbuster
- Ronda Rousey gained 15 lbs to feel more beautiful
- Woody Allen on relationship with Soon-Yi: She responded to someone who was paternal
- Travis Tritt safe after fire threatens Georgia home