Conan O'Brien on FOX: 'Far From a Done Deal,' Manager Says
Sorry, Team Coco, but whispers that Conan O'Brien is inching ever closer to a late-night gig at FOX remain mere rumors. Big Red's manager told FOX News' Pop Tarts yesterday that the former 'Tonight Show' host's future is "far from a done deal."
"He is not even close [to signing a new contract]," manager Gavin Polone said. "I don't know where that's all coming from. We've met with a few places and been in talks, but nothing is even near being finalized."
NBC's $40 million contract buyout stipulates that O'Brien can't appear on television until September. According to Polone, that hasn't been much of an issue -- Conan has been offered a slew of movie roles, which he has turned down in lieu of his upcoming comedy tour.
"Everything is going extremely well, its all excitement right now," Polone told FOX. "And the loyalty of his fans has just been amazing."
Much of Conan's staff has been with him for nearly two decades, and many followed him from New York to L.A. when he took over 'The Tonight Show.' According to the FOX story, "O'Brien is so determined to keep his close-knit work family that he's even been paying a number of staffers from his own pocket to keep them on-board until he finds a new network home."
We hope he finds that home soon, but the comedy tour -- heck, his Twitter alone -- is enough to keep our patience intact.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jeremy Roloff, Wife Audrey Dish on Their "Amazing" Wedding: "Everything Was a Highlight!"
- Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell Cast in True Detective Season Two, Replacing Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson
- Bruce Jenner Files Almost Identical Response to Kris Jenner's Divorce Filing
- One Less Problem? Ariana Grande's Choreographer Suspended Over Claims Of ?Inappropriate Conduct’ ? The REAL Reason He Resigned
- Shelly Sterling's Lawyer Who Brokered Billion Dollar Los Angeles Clipper Sale Files For Bankruptcy ? Claims To Be Nearly $7 Million In Debt
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza spared prison over campaign funds violation
- Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn to star in season 2 of HBO's 'True Detective' series
- Lindsay Price Shares First Pic of Son Emerson, Says Baby Boy Is "Definitely a Boob Man"
- Wardrobe Malfunction? Lady Gaga Flashes Pasties in See-Through Curtain—See the Crazy Look!
- Miranda Lambert Flaunts Bikini Body During Hawaii Tour Stop—See How Fabulous She Looks!