Conan O'Brien on FOX: 'Far From a Done Deal,' Manager Says
Sorry, Team Coco, but whispers that Conan O'Brien is inching ever closer to a late-night gig at FOX remain mere rumors. Big Red's manager told FOX News' Pop Tarts yesterday that the former 'Tonight Show' host's future is "far from a done deal."
"He is not even close [to signing a new contract]," manager Gavin Polone said. "I don't know where that's all coming from. We've met with a few places and been in talks, but nothing is even near being finalized."
NBC's $40 million contract buyout stipulates that O'Brien can't appear on television until September. According to Polone, that hasn't been much of an issue -- Conan has been offered a slew of movie roles, which he has turned down in lieu of his upcoming comedy tour.
"Everything is going extremely well, its all excitement right now," Polone told FOX. "And the loyalty of his fans has just been amazing."
Much of Conan's staff has been with him for nearly two decades, and many followed him from New York to L.A. when he took over 'The Tonight Show.' According to the FOX story, "O'Brien is so determined to keep his close-knit work family that he's even been paying a number of staffers from his own pocket to keep them on-board until he finds a new network home."
We hope he finds that home soon, but the comedy tour -- heck, his Twitter alone -- is enough to keep our patience intact.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Most Googled Beauty Questions of 2014: How to Get Rid of Acne, Stretch Marks; Plus, When to Really Wash Your Hair
- Lance Bass Marries Michael Turchin: All the Wedding Details!
- Jamie Lynn Spears Posts Amazing Throwback Christmas Photo With Britney Spears
- Elton John marries longtime partner David Furnish in England
- Ice buckets, breaking the internet: The year in pop culture
- Other world leaders have been targets of wacky assassination plots in films
- Watch Darlene Love Perform "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" One Last Time for David Letterman
- Lance Bass and Michael Turchin Are Officially Married—Find Out Which 'NSYNC Member Performed at the Wedding!
- All the Details on Hailee Steinfeld's 18th Birthday Party With Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony and More!