The Kids' Choice Awards' Most Talked About Moments
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 26th 2010 04:21PM
From behind the scenes chatter to eye-popping performances, we've wrangled up the most talked about moments -- plus some of our favorite celebrity slimes.
2010: Sandra Bullock Up For Best Actress
The timing of Jesse James' still-breaking infidelity scandal couldn't have come at a worse time for the recent Oscar winner, and she's already confirmed she won't be attending this weekend's festivities. Still, we can't help but think maybe a little slime to the face would have done her some good. (She loved it last year.) Interestingly, until Thursday afternoon, Bullock's entry on the Kids' Choice Web site had this "fun fact": "Sandra is happily married to the tattooed superstar motorcycle maker and monster mechanic Jesse James." It has since been altered, and now reads, "Sandra has designed special seat-belts so her pet dogs, Ruby and Poppy, can ride safely in her car."
2009: Pussycat Dolls 'Jai Ho'
The Pussycat Dolls aren't necessarily the kid-friendliest group in town, but the girls did their best to cover up and had the crowd of screaming prepubescents on their feet.
2009: Rihanna & Chris Brown Up For Best Song
There was a lot of buzz last year over whether or not either nominee would show up at Nickelodeon's yearly slime fest. There was also backlash over the fact that Chris Brown was even nominated following allegations he assaulted Rihanna. (At the time of last year's broadcast, he had yet to be formally charged.) Even though he was leading the online votes for Best Song, Brown was pulled out of the running at the last minute. Ultimately, it didn't even matter; Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' won -- an outcome even Kanye West could be proud of.
2009: Michael Phelps Up For Best Athlete
The 2009 KCAs definitely had their fair share of controversies, and not even the sports lineup was safe. Nominee Michael Phelps made headlines early last year after photos of him smoking out of a bong surfaced, an incident that is still costing the athlete lucrative endorsement deals. However, just like Best Song, Nickelodeon big wigs gave a sigh of relief when Peyton Manning won out over the ganja-loving merman.
1999: Britney Spears Lets It All Hang Out
Let's rewind a bit back to the turn of the century. The Y2K apocalypse was upon us and America's Sweetheart, Britney Spears, had just burst on the scene -- and left little to the imagination during her performance at the children's award show. Check out her rendition of 'Baby One More Time...' that had everyone talking:
Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeouf (2008)
Jack Black and Orlando Bloom (2008)
Johnny Depp (2006)
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (2004)
The Kids' Choice Awards air this Saturday on Nickelodeon.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Arie Luyendyk Jr., Farmer Chris Soules Being Considered for ABC's Next Bachelor: Details
- Rob Kardashian Resurfaces While Mom Kris Jenner Cries Over His Issues; Audrina Patridge and Corey Bohan Split: Top 5 Monday Stories
- Out Of Kontrol! Teenagers Kendall & Kylie Jenner Cozy Up To Controversial Chris Brown ? Have They Gone Too Far?
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Teen Wolf Recap: Everybody's Getting Killed And/Or Thrown Down Wells! – Plus, Is [SPOILER!] Dying?
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!