White House Crashers Heading to 'Housewives of D.C.'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 26th 2010 10:25AM
The Daily Beast reports. While their escapade last November raised their profile, it was also their ticket onto the reality show. Bravo cameras were filming the Salahis when they crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner -- a security breach that reportedly got presidential Social Secretary Desiree Rogers fired. Even though Bravo is keeping the series under wraps until its scheduled debut in July, the Salahis have reportedly already shot all 12 episodes of the premiere season.
The couple is contractually prohibited from talking about the show, but are set to sit down with 'Today Show' host Matt Lauer on May 27. They plan to explain the "misunderstanding" about the White House invitation that turned their lives upside down.
They appeared on the 'Today Show' back in December to clear up rumors that they had crashed the White House party in order to land a spot on the Bravo TV show. During the interview, they claimed to be "devastated" when they awoke the morning after the party to discover the media had labeled them the "White House party crashers." Everything they had worked for, they said, "was destroyed."
The Salahis were not prosecuted following the incident -- a blessing for Bravo executives who can now edit the couple's "audition footage" and air it during the premiere episode.
The 'D.C.' show was absent from Bravo's slate of new shows because the network also decided to move forward with 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.' A Bravo spokesperson told The Daily Beast she had "absolutely no announcement beyond the fact that we're doing the show and the production process continues."
The couple are also working on a new tell-all book, literary agent Sharlene Martin told The Daily Beast. Martin reveals the couple plan to try to set the record straight and promises, "People will be surprised when the truth about the Salahis is finally told."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scott Disick "Won't Drink Again" Until After Kourtney Kardashian Gives Birth to Third Child
- Porcelain Dolls Left on Doorsteps of Girls' Homes: Creepy Mystery Solved by Police
- Audra McDonald, Tony Awards Winner and Private Practice Actress, Opens Up About Past Suicide Attempt During College
- ?He Told Me That He Was Having Thoughts About Killing Me': Craigslist Killer Brady Oestrike's Roommate Opens Up On Grim Foreshadowing, & Other New Developments
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Breast Cancer Survivor's Breast Implant Explodes During Surgery—Watch the Insane Botched Clip!
- Zachary Levi Talks "Beautiful, Excellent and Intimate" Wedding—and the Best Nerd Party of the Year!
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Gets Candid About Making Parental Sacrifices and Feeling Empowered at Age 36