White House Crashers Heading to 'Housewives of D.C.'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 26th 2010 10:25AM
The Daily Beast reports. While their escapade last November raised their profile, it was also their ticket onto the reality show. Bravo cameras were filming the Salahis when they crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner -- a security breach that reportedly got presidential Social Secretary Desiree Rogers fired. Even though Bravo is keeping the series under wraps until its scheduled debut in July, the Salahis have reportedly already shot all 12 episodes of the premiere season.
The couple is contractually prohibited from talking about the show, but are set to sit down with 'Today Show' host Matt Lauer on May 27. They plan to explain the "misunderstanding" about the White House invitation that turned their lives upside down.
They appeared on the 'Today Show' back in December to clear up rumors that they had crashed the White House party in order to land a spot on the Bravo TV show. During the interview, they claimed to be "devastated" when they awoke the morning after the party to discover the media had labeled them the "White House party crashers." Everything they had worked for, they said, "was destroyed."
The Salahis were not prosecuted following the incident -- a blessing for Bravo executives who can now edit the couple's "audition footage" and air it during the premiere episode.
The 'D.C.' show was absent from Bravo's slate of new shows because the network also decided to move forward with 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.' A Bravo spokesperson told The Daily Beast she had "absolutely no announcement beyond the fact that we're doing the show and the production process continues."
The couple are also working on a new tell-all book, literary agent Sharlene Martin told The Daily Beast. Martin reveals the couple plan to try to set the record straight and promises, "People will be surprised when the truth about the Salahis is finally told."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Laverne Cox Got a Christmas Card From Beyonce, Almost Couldn't Handle It
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- Ray Rice and Future Wife Janay Palmer Kissed While in Handcuffs in Aftermath of Elevator Fight: New Surveillance Footage Released
- The Duck Dynasty Family Christmas Card Is Here and the Robertsons All Have Dancing With the Stars Fever!
- ''No F--ks Given:'' Woman Defies Parking Enforcement, Drives Off With Boot on Her Car—Watch!