White House Crashers Heading to 'Housewives of D.C.'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 26th 2010 10:25AM
The Daily Beast reports. While their escapade last November raised their profile, it was also their ticket onto the reality show. Bravo cameras were filming the Salahis when they crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner -- a security breach that reportedly got presidential Social Secretary Desiree Rogers fired. Even though Bravo is keeping the series under wraps until its scheduled debut in July, the Salahis have reportedly already shot all 12 episodes of the premiere season.
The couple is contractually prohibited from talking about the show, but are set to sit down with 'Today Show' host Matt Lauer on May 27. They plan to explain the "misunderstanding" about the White House invitation that turned their lives upside down.
They appeared on the 'Today Show' back in December to clear up rumors that they had crashed the White House party in order to land a spot on the Bravo TV show. During the interview, they claimed to be "devastated" when they awoke the morning after the party to discover the media had labeled them the "White House party crashers." Everything they had worked for, they said, "was destroyed."
The Salahis were not prosecuted following the incident -- a blessing for Bravo executives who can now edit the couple's "audition footage" and air it during the premiere episode.
The 'D.C.' show was absent from Bravo's slate of new shows because the network also decided to move forward with 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.' A Bravo spokesperson told The Daily Beast she had "absolutely no announcement beyond the fact that we're doing the show and the production process continues."
The couple are also working on a new tell-all book, literary agent Sharlene Martin told The Daily Beast. Martin reveals the couple plan to try to set the record straight and promises, "People will be surprised when the truth about the Salahis is finally told."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Polls: How You Voted on Big Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Spends an Hour Putting on Makeup After the Gym for Paparazzi: Report
- NeNe Leakes Goes Off On Wendy Williams, Tells Her to "Be Scared" She'll Take Over Her Talk Show!
- Kris Jenner Posts Strange Topless Shot With Kim, Kourtney, Khloe Kardashian: Picture
- Shannon Breaks Down ? ?I'm Not Crazy'?Tamra's A Liar! Beador Slams Judge In Blog
- They're Growing Up So Fast! ?Teen Mom 2' Star Kailyn Lowry Shows Off Adorable Sons Isaac, 4, And Lincoln, 8 Months SEE Her Family Photo Album!
- MH17: Russia Sanctioned By EU, Dutch Bodies Headed Home, Plus Other New Developments
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tree planted in memory of George Harrison felled ... by beetles
- This Brave Model Made a Video to Challenge Expectations About Gender Identity
- Style 90! Taylor Swift Improves Her Gym-Bound Style With Pal Karlie Kloss—See the Workout Looks!
- Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar Celebrate Their 30th Anniversary—See Photos of Their Wedding Day!