Gloria Allred Is the Woman Behind the Other Women
By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 27th 2010 01:00PM
But nowadays, Allred is best known as the lady lawyer mistresses go to when they may or may not want to go public with their private indiscretions. In fact, Jesse James' as-yet-unnamed fourth mistress has already retained her services.
Her first foray into a nationally-publicized love triangle came in 2004 when Amber Frey, mistress of wife murderer Scott Peterson, enlisted Allred to protect her against an onslaught of media attention.
Allred must have really caught the bug with Amber, because these days she has become synonymous with protecting the interests of women who have slept with other women's husbands. In the early days of the Tiger Woods scandal, mistress number one, Rachel Uchitel, solicited Allred's services. Allred organized, and then abruptly canceled, a press conference for Uchitel, who has remained pretty much mum on the scandal ever since.
Former porn star Joslyn James also signed on as an Allred client, allowing the self-described "most famous woman attorney in the nation" the opportunity to blast Woods in the media, declaring he needs "lying rehab" and "betrayal rehab" in addition to his therapy for sex addiction.
"The woman gets results, and now those results come with cash. She -- allegedly -- got Rachel Uchitel a million dollars. Who knows how much she's negotiating for Josyln James? She's smart and willing to take these high-profile cases," says 'Cult of Celebrity' author Cooper Lawrence.
Now, one of the women associated this week's serial cheater, Jesse James, has secured Allred's services. Allred informed Radar Online that her client is a "beautiful model and businesswoman" who had a "three year intimate relationship with Jesse James." Allred also said that her client had not fully decided whether or not to come forward and disclose her relationship with actress Sandra Bullock's husband.
"He pursued her and had strong feeling for her. She is in the process of trying to decide if she will come forward. She has proof of their relationship, including hundreds of text messages, e-mails and photos. The relationship JUST RECENTLY ENDED after the scandal broke," Allred continued.
"Gloria Allred is the new Johnnie Cochran for hookers and porn stars who bed celebrities. These women go to her because she has a track record of making money for anyone involved in a scandal," explains trial attorney and divorce lawyer Stacy Schneider, author of 'He Had It Coming: How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce.' "Gloria gets these ladies great deals, whether it's paid media publicity, photo spreads or interviews or lucrative contracts to keep their mouths shut. The men get nervous when Gloria is hired because they know she is media savvy and will drag them through the mud if it means a pay day for her clients."
But the question remains -- why get a lawyer, particularly a celebrity lawyer, if you have no intention of engaging the media with your story? Our bet is that this woman comes forward by the end of the month. And with Allred spinning her statements, we're sure she'll be playing the victim and not the temptress.
"Gloria Allred is making a fortune off these cheating scandals. I am sure she is laughing all the way to the bank, even as her colleagues criticize her tawdry client list and her recent dry spell of handling any cases of serious legal merit," Schneider says.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Carey Mulligan and Pierce Brosnan chat at the after party for the premiere of The Creative Coalition's 'The Greatest' on March 25th in Hollywood.
Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images
Alberto E. Rodriguez, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duck Dynasty's Sadie Robertson Joining Dancing With the Stars Cast for Season 19
- Glee's Final Season Features Lea Michele's Rachel Berry Returning to McKinley High to Lead the Glee Club
- Andi Dorfman Congratulates Ex Chris Soules on Being the Next Bachelor
- Go Directly To Jail! Feds Order ‘RHOA’ Star Apollo Nida To Report To Prison ? Details Of His Surrender
- Bali Suitcase Slaughter Is Getting Serious ? U.S. Attorney Urges Client Heather Mack To Hire Local Representative As Potential Death Penalty Looms
- It’s Over! Mariah Carey Drowning Her Sorrows Over Failed Nick Cannon Marriage —‘She Drinks Champagne Till Dawn’
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- If USC Football Player Josh Shaw's Story About Jumping Into a Pool to Save a Drowning Boy Sounded Too Heroic to Be True... Well, It Was
- Chris O'Dowd and Wife, Dawn O'Porter, Reveal They're Expecting a Baby During ALS Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Bitch Stole Our Look! Rosie Huntington-Whiteley vs. Olivia Palermo vs. Suki Waterhouse vs. Cara Delevingne in Burberry