Pop-Ed: Where Is Angelina Jolie Hiding Her Nanny?
By Nicki Gostin Posted Mar 28th 2010 09:08AM
For the last few weeks, celebrity magazines have been filled with photos of Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and their clan of children taking in the sights of Venice. The gang is staying in a 15th century palazzo overlooking the Grand Canal, while mommy shoots 'The Tourist' with Johnny Depp.
We've seen countless images of the four oldest kids enjoying gelato with their parents -- while the twins presumably nap under the charge of one, or many, nannies. But we may never know for sure, because the sextet are never photographed with a nanny.
Angelina Jolie Snapshots
Pax and Shiloh Jolie-Pitt are ushered onto a boat near the Palazzo Contarini Poligna in Venice earlier this month. Check Out More Joli-Pitt Pics >>
Getty Images Europe
I'm certainly not faulting their obviously deep and passionate commitment to refugees and children all over the world, but as a mother, it bugs me that they feel the need to orchestrate the illusion that they don't employ any nannies to help them with their brood.
As PopEater's own Rob Shuter notes, "No one in Hollywood controls her image more ferociously than Angelina Jolie. If she doesn't want you to think something she makes sure you don't see her doing it. Her passion for children is a huge part of her brand. Angie takes extraordinary measures to make sure the public never see all the help she gets raising her own kids."
And while we're at it, Suri Cruise, one of Hollywood's most photographed tots, is rarely seen without mom Katie Holmes. I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that there is a nanny at Chez Cruise.
These celebrities are creating a charade that makes non-celeb moms feel inadequate. Angelina Jolie makes movies, has great hair, flies around the world performing good deeds, gets to go home to Brad Pitt and has six adorable tykes -- and does it all with no help. Yeah right!
Dr. Margaret Lewin, medical director of Cinergy Health, says that there is nothing wrong with having help to raise your children.
"Just as we send our kids to school, we can also share our child's care with competent and caring people who broaden our children's experience and enrich their lives," she says. "The assistance of a nanny, baby sitter or family member gives a child more life experience than a single caretaker. Mother's shouldn't read too much into a single picture or snapshot from a celeb mom's day, because one photo doesn't reflect a 24 hour time frame, it only reflects a second in it."
In their next interview, I hope Brad or Angie admit that they have help, or that we soon see some splashy photos of Shiloh and Zahara holding hands with a nanny as they gobble down all that gelato.
MORE ABOUT Katie Holmes
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katie Holmes Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift posts sexy bikini snaps and shows off her belly button
- Clint Eastwood says 'American Sniper' makes strong anti-war statement
- Kanye West gives rambling 8 minute speech at award show
- 'SNL' Mocks Tom Brady and DeflateGate in Cold Open
- Sundance: Nicole Kidman's 'Strangerland' Selling to Alchemy
- Sundance Shortcuts: 'Nasty Baby's' Kristen Wiig, Co-Stars on Their Strangest Castmember (Video)
- Five directors who can help Johnny Depp recover from ?Mortdecai'
- Blake Shelton takes over ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Bill Maher calls ?American Sniper' Chris Kyle ?a psychopath patriot'
- The 10 Most WTF-Worthy Moments From 'The Boy Next Door'
- Mr. Moviefone and Charlie Mortdecai's Most Gentlemanly Twitter Spat
- The 10 Weirdest Non-'Star Wars' George Lucas Projects