Katy Perry Gets Brutally Slimed at Kids' Choice Awards
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Mar 28th 2010 08:01AM
Katy Perry, wearing a bright blue wig and skintight flowery dress, was upside-down blasted with slime when presenting the favorite movie actress trophy to Miley Cyrus (who beat out Sandra Bullock for the honor). The force of the slime caused her to fall backwards, then she chased the 'Hannah Montana' actress around the stage, but co-presenter Jonah Hill grabbed Perry before she could embrace the 17-year-old singer-actress with a slimy hug.
"I can't see anything," complained Perry. "Why does it taste like boogers?"
The fan-favorite ceremony's host, "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" actor-comedian Kevin James, kicked off the show by performing a hip-hop dance routine as Adam Sandler serenaded him from above while dressed as an angel and fountains of green slime spontaneously gushed on the first few rows of the audience. James said more than 115 million votes were received this year.
Team Jacob was triumphant as "Twilight" star Taylor Lautner picked up the favorite actor honor for his "New Moon" role as hunky werewolf Jacob Black as well as the inaugural cutest couple award with his "Twilight" co-star Kristin Stewart.
"I have to admit I have always dreamt of winning one of these orange blimps," said Lautner.
Other favorites included "Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" for movie, "Up" for animated movie, Jim Carrey for voice from an animated movie for "A Christmas Carol," "Mario Kart" for video game, "iCarly" for TV show, "American Idol" for reality show, "SpongeBob SquarePants" for cartoon, Dylan Sprouse for TV actor and Selena Gomez for TV actress.
"I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world," said Gomez.
In the music categories, the winners were Black Eyed Peas for music group, Jay-Z for male singer and Taylor Swift for female singer and song for "You Belong With Me." Favorites in the sports categories were two-time Olympic gold medalist volleyball player Misty May Treanor for female athlete and 20-year-old skateboarder Ryan Sheckler for male athlete.
"This goes right in the trophy case," Sheckler said holding up his blimp.
First lady Michelle Obama won the ceremony's "Big Help" award for her "Let's Move" campaign to cut down on childhood obesity. The honor is part of Nick's own "Millions on the Move" campaign. Over the next few months, the network will feature public service announcements to encourage kids to stay active and promote activities that help the environment.
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Dee Snider using puppets to put his spin on Shakespeare in Broadway show
- Rob Reiner: 'And So It Goes' is all Jack Nicholson's fault
- This map of the DC Comics multiverse will blow your mind
- Why '50 Shades' star Jamie Dornan was a better lady killer in ?The Fall'
- Adam West explains Batman's little-known connection to Josh Brolin
- Paris Hilton Opens Up About Jeremy Jackson Altercation
- 'Fifty Shades' of Backlash! Fans React to First Trailer
- Comic-Con 2014! Breaking News Live Blog
- Big Sean Tweets About Nicki Minaj's Butt, Ignores Ex Naya Rivera's Secret Wedding News
- Roland Mouret Collaborates with Banana Republic: Sneak Peek of the Designer's Capsule Collection
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down to Cleavage-Baring Bikini on "Last Day" to Get Tan: Picture