How To Get Kate Gosselin's Hair, Featuring Celebrity Hairstylist Ted Gibson
By Amber James Posted Mar 29th 2010 03:28PM
Anne Hathaway, Debra Messing, Angelina Jolie and Renee Zellweger ... just to name a few. Recently, he's gained press for transforming Kate Gosselin's spiky 'do into the long, luscious curls she's now rocking on 'Dancing With The Stars.' Gibson stopped by the PopEater offices to tell us more about Gosselin's new extensions and even gave us a step-by-step guide to achieving the reality mom's stylish new hair.
How did you and Kate Gosselin originally connect to start her makeover?
Well, when a woman is ready for a makeover, it is a perfect time to change her look. Since [Kate Gosslin] is on TLC, and I'm on TLC in 'What Not To Wear,' it made sense to keep it in the family and to create something really special for her.
Was she scared when she first saw the new longer hair?
After she saw it, she was a little nervous. But then she understood that it was time for her to let go of that past and move right into the future... I just did the major, major overhaul because I think, for 2009 especially, that Kate had the most iconic haircut since "The Rachel."
Did she talk about 'Dancing With The Stars' while she was at your salon?
She was extremely excited ... and nervous about it, because, as she says, she's not a dancer.
Yeah. She seemed pretty nervous during the first episode.
[Seeing] her being able to step outside the box into a realm of live television, dancing with a partner and dancing period, I thought she did a great job. I could tell she was extremely nervous. I hope she comes back. What's going to happen is she's going to get even more comfortable. She's the type of woman who is extremely excited about everything she does, and she doesn't want to play unless she wins.
For more information about Ted Gibson's salon and hair products, visit TedGibsonSalon.com.
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Demetria McKinney Makes Her Housewives Debut, Apollo Nida Cuddles Phaedra Parks and More
- Sony Plans to Release The Interview After Pulling It: "It Will Be Distributed"
- Tom Brokaw's Cancer Is in Remission: "I Face the New Year With Very Encouraging News"
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape If She Doesn't Apologize to Azealia Banks
- Diane von Furstenberg Selects Official DVF Global Brand Ambassador—Find Out Who She Hired!
- The Affair Boss Explains Stunning Finale and What's Ahead in Season 2 (More Narratives!)