Sandra Bullock Not Adopting Jesse James' Daughter
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 30th 2010 06:19AM
PEOPLE. James was granted full custody of six-year-old Sunny in December after her mother, James' ex-wife Janine Lindemulder, was jailed for tax evasion. Bullock, who stood by James during the custody battle, successfully argued that Sunny would be in danger if left with her mom.
Bullock and James had full custodial rights while Lindemulder spent time behind bars from January to July of 2009. When Lindemulder was released, she filed for more visitation with Sunny. James' ex claimed Bullock was her biggest obstacle in getting custody of Sunny. "What would give her the right to take away my daughter? You know, this is my daughter. I am the best mother I can be," Lindemulder said on 'Good Morning America'.
During a court hearing on October 29, Bullock raised concerns about the girl's safety, alleging that the child was left alone during the day while Lindemulder was "asleep from drug use" (via CNN.)
"I myself have stopped working like I used to in order to be here with Jesse and the kids because we are on constant high alert," Bullock wrote in an open letter to the court, "never knowing what condition Janine will be in, and even more concerning, the condition [the girl] will be in."
"I know the term 'stepmother' carries many connotations, one of them being 'glorified babysitter,'" Bullock wrote. "My commitment and responsibility to [the girl] ... goes beyond that."
Until recently, Bullock helped her husband raise his daughter Sunny while Lindemulder was in prison. Now according to PEOPLE sources, friends of the couple believe the children's welfare is a priority for both Bullock and James now that the West Coast Choppers CEO is embroiled in an infidelity scandal. Four women have stepped forward claiming they had an affair with him.
Last week, attorney Stacy Schneiders, author of 'He Had It Coming: How to Outsmart Your Husband and Win Your Divorce, told PopEater that the only way Bullock would even receive visitation of James' biological children is through an amicable agreement with him (via The Battle for Sunny: What Rights Does Sandra Bullock Have?)
Watch the Girls on Pop Talk Sandra and Jesse
Sandra Bullock and Jesse James Pics
Actress Sandra Bullock (R) and Jesse James attend the 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 23, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Arrivals The Shrine Auditorium Los Angeles, CA United States January 23, 2010 Photo by Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.com To license this image (17134385), contact WireImage.com
Sandra Bullock and Jesse James Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Actress Eleanor Parker Dies at 91
- NBC Commits to Another Live Musical Production in 2014
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Anastasia's Stepfather Ray Steele
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- ?Real Housewives of Atlanta': What should Kandi do? POLL
- And the 10 Most Overpaid Actors Are...
- 'Wolf of Wall Street' Has Far More Profanity Than 'Raging Bull,' Says Martin Scorsese
- 'Pompeii' Movie: 10 Things to Know About the 3D Historical Disaster Film