'Idol' Castoff Alex Lambert Back On the Air - Sort Of
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 31st 2010 06:50AM
Lambert was booted from 'Idol' a few weeks too soon to make the cut for this year's national tour, but fans who failed to vote for the 19-year-old singer rallied after his departure with a 20,000-signature petition. It was too late to save his 'Idol' career, but fans' support paid off when Lambert nabbed a spot in the 'If I Can Dream' house. Lambert tells PEOPLE what his fans can expect to see on Hulu.com every Monday at midnight: for one thing, no mullet.
During his 'Idol' tenure, Lambert's mullet was a oft-repeated topic of conversation, but the young singer shares that he's had a haircut since the show. "I still have a mullet a little bit," he reassures his fans. "It's just hair. It'll grow back."
Lambert also dashes the hopes of any fans who thought his 'Idol' defeat might have made Lambert available to a non-celeb dating pool. "I have a girlfriend," he admits. "Her name is Raylee. She really understands me and believes in me. I'm kinda broke, so we never go out anywhere fancy, but usually I just jam out and she tells me what she likes and I usually write her a song every week and play it for her."
The top 24 'Idol' contestant says he keeps in touch with Siobhan Magnus, one of season 9's current front-runners. "We text every once in a while," Lambert confirms. "She was one of my best friends on the show. Everyone else was spastic and crazy and always wanted to do something, and me and Siohban would sit and eat for like three hours."
It's still unclear how Lambert is able to appear in the new series -- the singer moves in Thursday, but 'Idol' contestants are famously prohibited by strict rules that limit appearances for a period of three months. There's no confirmation on whether Fuller's involvement has given Lambert a free pass on signing a new contract.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- Extra Scoop: Justin Bieber Serenades Selena Gomez? Is Jelena Back?
- Elizabeth Moss Says She Should Never Have Married Fred Armisen
- First Look! NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani Rehearse for 'DWTS'