LL Cool J Removed From Sarah Palin-Hosted Show
By Marc Schneider Posted Mar 31st 2010 01:50PM
"Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else and are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palin's show," the real-life James Todd Smith told his Twitter followers Tuesday night. "WOW," he added.
In response, FOX has decided to strip the rapper from the program at the last minute. In a snark-dripped statement issued to TV Newser, the cable news giant says, "As it appears that Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."
Aside from LL, country star Toby Keith and former GE exec Jack Welch were also billed as appearing on the show, which is supposed to feature "real-life tales of overcoming adversity."
Keith is slated to talk about his patriotic anthem 'Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American).' He, too, was caught off guard by his involvement. "Toby was not asked to participate nor has he ever done an interview with Sarah Palin," his publicist told PopEater when reached for comment. Like LL, Keith's interview for the special was also taped in 2008.
"FOX has never contacted me about this special," Elaine Schock told us. "We found out about it yesterday."
LL Cool J was to talk about his personal life and career in a segment called 'In Their Own Words.' The site AllHipHop.com discovered this snippet from the special: "My family is very pro-American," he said. "My grandfather used to sit me in his lap, and we would watch all of the old World War II shows that used to come on, back in the day. I'm totally on it, totally into it, and I love it. My grandfather, even after we said grace, he would say, 'Chow!'"
After fans began airing their displeasure after seeing the FOX News promo for the show, the 'Momma Said Knock You Out' star re-sent the same Twitter message more than a dozen times. He has made no other comment.
It's unclear what Palin's exact involvement with the special will be; however, she did conduct some of the interviews. The former Alaska governor is also prepping a show for TLC called 'Sarah Palin's Alaska.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Stars Rock Red, White & Blue Bikinis
- This Could Have Ended Very Badly
- Fall Out Boy's Advice For Rob Ford: 'Kill Yourself' Or 'Apologize'
- ?Suits' makes EW's Summer Must List ? the stars give us theirs
- Season Finale Round-Up: Our TV critics on ?The Office,' ?Bates Motel,' ?Doctor Who,' ?Arrow,' ?Nashville' and more
- Mariah Carey swears, has a wardrobe issue on ?Good Morning America' ? VIDEO
- Sneak Peek! Cirque du Soleil's ?Michael Jackson One'
- Amanda Bynes Arrest: Star Denies Bong Toss, Says It Was 'a Vase'
- Now Playing: Live Movie Reviews