Simon Cowell Disses 'Dancing With the Stars'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 31st 2010 12:06AM
During his critique of contestant Didi Benami, the saucy Brit judge threw in a sly jab at the sequined reality competitor on another channel.
"You have no longer made yourself contemporary, everything is too old-fashioned. If you listen to one of those dancing shows, they always have a singer murdering a song on it," Simon said as fellow judge Randy Jackson laughed in the background.
He didn't stop there.
"If you've ever watched it," he added. "That's what it [sounds like]."
As the crowd booed at the clear jab, Jackson goaded him on, asking, "Whoa, what sort of dancing show?"
There was no need to answer. Though the cranky Cowell gave a knowing guilty twitch at his candidly aggressive remarks, he offered the riled-up crowd a cocked eyebrow coupled with a Cheshire grin.
We won't hold our breaths for an apology. Could a Cowell-led dance-off be the only way to lasting peace?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
US WEEKLYFEEDMore From UsMagazine.com Li
- MSNBC apologizes for guest's inflammatory comment on country music
- Cate Blanchett loses patience with reporter
- Hope Solo: Dealing with a lot of my issues
- Ranking the #CharlesIsA Pretty Little Liars Theories So Far—From Crazy Good to Hilariously Insane
- Zayn Malik Visits Recording Studio After Quitting One Direction; Just-Released 2012 Interview Hints at His Exit
- Britney Spears Describes Her First Date With Charlie Ebersol, Her "Adorably Hot" Producer Boyfriend of Six Months