Simon Cowell Disses 'Dancing With the Stars'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 31st 2010 12:06AM
During his critique of contestant Didi Benami, the saucy Brit judge threw in a sly jab at the sequined reality competitor on another channel.
"You have no longer made yourself contemporary, everything is too old-fashioned. If you listen to one of those dancing shows, they always have a singer murdering a song on it," Simon said as fellow judge Randy Jackson laughed in the background.
He didn't stop there.
"If you've ever watched it," he added. "That's what it [sounds like]."
As the crowd booed at the clear jab, Jackson goaded him on, asking, "Whoa, what sort of dancing show?"
There was no need to answer. Though the cranky Cowell gave a knowing guilty twitch at his candidly aggressive remarks, he offered the riled-up crowd a cocked eyebrow coupled with a Cheshire grin.
We won't hold our breaths for an apology. Could a Cowell-led dance-off be the only way to lasting peace?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- "My Husband's Not Gay" Special in the Works from TLC: Watch
- Phaedra Parks Confirms Apollo Nida Divorce Plans on Watch What Happens Live
- Brandi Glanville Throws Shade at Tori Spelling: "What Goes Around Comes Around"
- Paz de la Huerta and Lionsgate at odds over on-set injury
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's estate is on sale for $18.5 Million
- China arrests thousands in porn purge
- Best of 2014: What Was the Most Overrated Thing of the Year? Vote for Booty, Selfies, Twerking, Soul Cycle & More!
- The Kardashians Aren't the Only Ones: Kate Middleton Also Gets Compared to an Into the Woods Character
- Incredible TV Resurrections: How Revenge, New Girl and Homeland Came Back From the Dead