Simon Cowell Disses 'Dancing With the Stars'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 31st 2010 12:06AM
During his critique of contestant Didi Benami, the saucy Brit judge threw in a sly jab at the sequined reality competitor on another channel.
"You have no longer made yourself contemporary, everything is too old-fashioned. If you listen to one of those dancing shows, they always have a singer murdering a song on it," Simon said as fellow judge Randy Jackson laughed in the background.
He didn't stop there.
"If you've ever watched it," he added. "That's what it [sounds like]."
As the crowd booed at the clear jab, Jackson goaded him on, asking, "Whoa, what sort of dancing show?"
There was no need to answer. Though the cranky Cowell gave a knowing guilty twitch at his candidly aggressive remarks, he offered the riled-up crowd a cocked eyebrow coupled with a Cheshire grin.
We won't hold our breaths for an apology. Could a Cowell-led dance-off be the only way to lasting peace?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Wears Nude Dress With Thigh-High Slit, Shows Cleavage: Picture
- Kristin Cavallari's Post-Baby Body Looks Insane in Regal Red Dress at International Fashion Film Awards
- Kim Kardashian, Brandon Jenner Kissed "Back in the Day," Brody Jenner Says
- Justin Bieber Attends The 2014 Young Hollywood Awards Brought To You By Samsung Galaxy
- Lindsay Lohan in Spain and Austria
- Selena Gomez Pushes Paparazzo, Demands ‘Respect’
- Brad Paisley: 'Failure's not an option' in my marriage
- 'Sharknado' sequel has bite and a storm of laughs as sharks sink their teeth into Manhattan
- 'Batman vs. Superman,' 'The Avengers,' and 'Mad Max' sneak peeks at Comic-Con 2014