Court Papers Allege Danger in Dennis Hopper's Home
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 1st 2010 06:52AM
TMZ obtained the papers, which state that all members of Hopper's household, including his staff, were "at the mercy of [wife Victoria's] cruelty" when the actor was hospitalized last December. The assistant, Emily Davis, further claims that Hopper's wife "was trying to kill him."
Davis writes, "[Victoria] is a threat to all in the home and has already looted millions of [dollars in] property that is not hers."
Marin Hopper, the actor's daughter from a previous marriage, calls Victoria's behavior "frightening" and says that her step-mother is spreading "slanderous lies" to the media.
Additional court documents report that Hopper is too frail to undergo chemotherapy for prostate cancer and that the ongoing -- and increasingly nasty -- divorce battle with Victoria has drained his savings.
His attorney, Joseph Mannis, states in the filing -- obtained by TMZ -- that because Hopper is so terminally ill, he is unable to defend himself in divorce proceedings. "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition," one of the actor's doctors declared.
The document reportedly lists Hopper, 73, as weighing a little more than 100 pounds. In previous court filings, Hopper had expressed hope that chemo would improve his condition enough to work again.
The main contention with his wife of over 14 years is over the amount of spousal support he believes he can afford. In the legal documents, Hopper states he is capable of paying her $5,000 a month, but no more. Because he is unable to work, the actor's finances are stagnant and his accountant states his liquid assets total about $300,000.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- 'Glee' Admits Skylar Astin to Compete With New Directions
- 'The Wolverine' Tops Blu-ray, DVD Charts; Original 'Sound of Music' Hits No. 15
- Lionsgate Picks Up 'Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth'
- ?Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- ?Arrow' react: Ghosts of the past, a villain of the future
- ?The Tomorrow People' react: Tying up loose ends
- A 'Bull Durham' Musical Is Opening in Atlanta
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Adds Robert Knepper as Antonius (Who?)
- Luke Evans Crows About 'The Crow' Remake