Court Papers Allege Danger in Dennis Hopper's Home
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 1st 2010 06:52AM
TMZ obtained the papers, which state that all members of Hopper's household, including his staff, were "at the mercy of [wife Victoria's] cruelty" when the actor was hospitalized last December. The assistant, Emily Davis, further claims that Hopper's wife "was trying to kill him."
Davis writes, "[Victoria] is a threat to all in the home and has already looted millions of [dollars in] property that is not hers."
Marin Hopper, the actor's daughter from a previous marriage, calls Victoria's behavior "frightening" and says that her step-mother is spreading "slanderous lies" to the media.
Additional court documents report that Hopper is too frail to undergo chemotherapy for prostate cancer and that the ongoing -- and increasingly nasty -- divorce battle with Victoria has drained his savings.
His attorney, Joseph Mannis, states in the filing -- obtained by TMZ -- that because Hopper is so terminally ill, he is unable to defend himself in divorce proceedings. "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition," one of the actor's doctors declared.
The document reportedly lists Hopper, 73, as weighing a little more than 100 pounds. In previous court filings, Hopper had expressed hope that chemo would improve his condition enough to work again.
The main contention with his wife of over 14 years is over the amount of spousal support he believes he can afford. In the legal documents, Hopper states he is capable of paying her $5,000 a month, but no more. Because he is unable to work, the actor's finances are stagnant and his accountant states his liquid assets total about $300,000.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Woman who claimed to have third breast added is fake
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza spared prison over campaign funds violation
- Emmy Rossum to Be Honored at Carmel Film Festival
- J.J. Abrams to Receive Visual Effects Society Visionary Award
- Sex Comedy 'The Little Death' Goes to Magnolia
- ?True Detective': Will the real Vince Vaughn step forward?
- ?Lion King' musical has the top box office in entertainment
- Lorde Reveals Title & Release Date of 'Mockingjay' Single (PHOTO)
- Jon Hamm Told His Girlfriend How 'Mad Men' Ends
- 'Taken 3' Is Now Known as 'Tak3n,' May Be Last in Franchise