Gabourey Sidibe Nabs 'SNL' Hosting Gig
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 1st 2010 03:12PM
the cover of Vogue, but the 'Precious' Oscar nominee will indeed host 'Saturday Night Live' on April 24. PEOPLE confirmed the speculation that had been spreading across the Web, as Sidibe's rep broke the news to the magazine. We know she can do drama, but can Gabby do comedy? We'll find out in late April, but in the meantime, watch the 'Precious' trailer and vote below!
Sadly for Sidibe, Justin Timberlake -- who she's admitted fancying -- won't be taking the stage as the musical guest for the night. Still, knowing JT's penchant for Andy Samberg and 'SNL,' we wouldn't be surprised if Mr. 'Sexyback' popped in for a funny cameo.
The 26-year-old Sidibe, who was nominated this year for her turn in the critically-acclaimed film 'Precious,' has made headlines lately not just for her movies, but because of her size. PopEater's Rob Shuter reported recently that Gabby had no shot of a Vogue cover spread because of her large stature. Weeks earlier, Howard Stern put Sidibe's size in the media by saying she'll never get a good acting gig again because of her frame. Our readers disagreed, and rallied behind Miss Sidibe.
Gabourey Sidibe Snapshots
© BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM Actress Gabourey Sidibe totes her purchase from Victorinox then goes to Baltazar restaurant. NON-EXCLUSIVE March 14, 2010 Job: 100314M4 New York, New York www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Stamos "Heartbroken" That Mary-Kate, Ashley Olsen Won't Join Fuller House: Read His Reaction
- Jonathan Cheban Clashes With Khloe Kardashian on Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Montana Vacation -- Watch!
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''