John Forsythe, Television Legend, Dies at 92
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Apr 2nd 2010 02:59PM
In a statement obtained by CNN, Forsythe's family said the following: "He was 92 years old and, thankfully, he died as he lived his life... with dignity and grace."
For as famous as Forsythe was, his voice was even more infamous thanks to his role as the voice of Charlie in the 'Charlie's Angels' TV series and also in two 'Charlie's' movies. His deep take on the phrase "Good morning, Angels," became almost synonymous with the franchise -- enough to land him a $5 million contract to voice Charlie in the two recent hit movies.
According to his IMDB biography, Forsythe's early career was interrupted by World War II, during which he served in the Army Air Corps. In 1957, he struck television gold with 'Bachelor Father,' where for 157 episodes he played the lead character of Bentley Gregg.
He later went on to star as Blake Carrington in the massively popular 1980s television series 'Dynasty.'
Even during the height of his fame, Forsythe seemed quite modest about his success and acting abilities. During a 1981 interview with the Associated Press, he said: "I figure there are a few actors like Marlon Brando, George C. Scott and Laurence Olivier who have been touched by the hand of God. I'm in the next bunch."
Forsythe was married three times, and was still married to Nicole Carter at the time of his death.
Recently Departed Celebrities
John Forsythe, April 2: One of television's biggest actors of all time, Forsythe was the voice behind Charlie in the 'Charlie's Angels' TV series and films. He also had major roles on shows like 'Bachelor Father' and 'Dynasty.' He was 92 when he died of pneumonia.
George Rose, Getty Images
George Rose, Getty Images
Recently Departed Celebs
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pippa Middleton Dons Sky-High Heels for Princess Charlotte's Christening
- Malia Obama Interning on Girls Set This Summer, Working With Lena Dunham
- Bobby Brown Performs at July 4th Celebration While Bobbi Kristina Is in Hospice Care: Pics, Details
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- Dave Grohl Performs With Broken Leg While Sitting on Awesome Throne at 4th of July Concert—See the Photo!
- Kit Harington Sparks Hope for Fans of Game of Thrones' Jon Snow—Find Out Why and Check Out a Photo!
- Prince George Wears Outfit Nearly Identical to Younger Prince William's at Princess Charlotte's Christening—See Pics!