John Forsythe, Television Legend, Dies at 92
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Apr 2nd 2010 02:59PM
In a statement obtained by CNN, Forsythe's family said the following: "He was 92 years old and, thankfully, he died as he lived his life... with dignity and grace."
For as famous as Forsythe was, his voice was even more infamous thanks to his role as the voice of Charlie in the 'Charlie's Angels' TV series and also in two 'Charlie's' movies. His deep take on the phrase "Good morning, Angels," became almost synonymous with the franchise -- enough to land him a $5 million contract to voice Charlie in the two recent hit movies.
According to his IMDB biography, Forsythe's early career was interrupted by World War II, during which he served in the Army Air Corps. In 1957, he struck television gold with 'Bachelor Father,' where for 157 episodes he played the lead character of Bentley Gregg.
He later went on to star as Blake Carrington in the massively popular 1980s television series 'Dynasty.'
Even during the height of his fame, Forsythe seemed quite modest about his success and acting abilities. During a 1981 interview with the Associated Press, he said: "I figure there are a few actors like Marlon Brando, George C. Scott and Laurence Olivier who have been touched by the hand of God. I'm in the next bunch."
Forsythe was married three times, and was still married to Nicole Carter at the time of his death.
Recently Departed Celebrities
John Forsythe, April 2: One of television's biggest actors of all time, Forsythe was the voice behind Charlie in the 'Charlie's Angels' TV series and films. He also had major roles on shows like 'Bachelor Father' and 'Dynasty.' He was 92 when he died of pneumonia.
George Rose, Getty Images
George Rose, Getty Images
Recently Departed Celebs
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato: Kim Kardashian "Revolutionized Our Generation's View of What Beautiful Is"
- Angelina Jolie Releases Statement on Syria After Brad Pitt Marriage News Breaks
- Adam Brody Talks Wife Leighton Meester, Kissing Rachel Bilson on The OC
- Coco Austin Leaves Little To The Imagination In A Super Skimpy Bikini While Vacationing With Husband Ice-T
- ?It's Not Reality!’ ?RHONJ' Star Rosie Pierri's TV Girlfriend Claims Bravo 'Staged’ Their Whole On-Air Romance
- Former Playboy Model Brandi Brandt Sentenced To Six Years In Prison After Getting Busted For Smuggling Cocaine From California To Australia
- Miley Cyrus nude for V magazine
- Chelsea Clinton leaving NBC News role
- Keira Knightley totally topless in Interview magazine