Olivia Newton-John's Ex-Boyfriend: I'm Alive, Now Stop Looking for Me
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 2nd 2010 02:00PM
The former boyfriend of Olivia Newton-John, who vanished five years ago, has given private investigators conclusive proof he is alive in the hopes everyone will now leave him alone. Patrick McDermott, missing since a 2005 fishing trip in California, reportedly sent voice messages and other documents to Philip Klein, who was hired by NBC's 'Dateline' to track him down.
Klein told the Daily Telegraph on Thursday that after reviewing the items, he and his team had "concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. McDermott is alive."
Olivia's Missing Ex
Olivia Newton-John and cameraman Patrick Kim McDermott dated for more than nine years before his mysterious disappearance. Now, a 'Dateline' private investigator that has been hot on his trail has concluded he's alive and just wants to be left alone. Click through for background info >>
Tammie Arroyo, AP
Tammie Arroyo, AP
Olivias Missing Ex
Klein is not saying exactly where the man is; however, there have been numerous sightings of him in Mexico, where he was said to be working as a yacht deckhand in the drifter-friendly town of Sayulita.
Last year, a letter faxed on behalf of McDermott begged investigators to "stop this search immediately" and allow the former cameraman to "live his life in peace and harmony. He is safe and has started anew again in a new place both physically and mentally."
McDermott vanished near San Pedro, Calif., in 2005 and was believed to have drowned after falling overboard a boat ironically called "Freedom."
His disappearance left his 'Grease'-starring girlfriend heartbroken and fueled speculation he faked his own death to avoid mounting debts and allow his teenage son with his ex-wife, actress Yvette Nipa, to benefit from a life insurance policy.
Newton-John had been dating McDermott for nine years and has since married businessman John Easterling.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'We Are Your Friends' flops, has one of the worst box foffice openings in history
- J.J. Watt 'heartbroken' over Jennifer Aniston's marriage
- Unrelated celebrity twins
- Extra Scoop: Jill Duggar Reflects on 'Sad' Month in New Blog Post
- Julia Roberts Steps Out with Husband and Kids to Support Surfer Kelly Slater
- 'Life in Pieces' Actor James Brolin Talks Barbra Streisand 'Gypsy' Remake, Weighs-In on Hillary & Donald
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars Season 21: See His Announcement on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Kylie Jenner Goes Blonde For Real, Debuts "Ashy Dirty Blonde" Fall Hairdo: Picture
- Christina Applegate Plays Meryl Streep's Most Famous Roles Really Badly in Hilarious Lifetime Movie Spoof