Now Casting: 'Jersey Shore' for Asian-Americans
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 5th 2010 11:50AM
The New York Post recently came across a casting notice for "interesting, attractive, colorful Asian-Americans to cast in a reality show similar to 'Jersey Shore'" in the Help Wanted section of the Los Angeles Craigslist. The ad claims to be from HQ Pictures, a production company started by actor-model Tyrese Gibson.
This new series comes hot on the heels of 'Brighton Beach' and 'Sunset Daze,' which have been dubbed 'Jersey Shore' for the Russian-American community and the elderly, respectively.
So when is enough enough?
'Jersey Shore' has proven to be a runaway hit for MTV, but can these counterfeit counterparts possibly live up to the success of the original? While 'Brighton Beach' is still in pre-production, 'Sunset Daze' has already won rave reviews from an initially skeptical public. The geriatric cast of the WE reality show may not get into as many physical altercations as the Jersey kids, but they still dance, drink and bring the drama like their beach house brethren.
Although summer may come and go, romances fizzle and tans fade, 'Jersey Shore,' much like the hair gel that keeps Pauly D so fresh, will stay strong for a long time to come.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
- Kristen Stewart Will Not Star in Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth Reprise Roles
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!