Now Casting: 'Jersey Shore' for Asian-Americans
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 5th 2010 11:50AM
The New York Post recently came across a casting notice for "interesting, attractive, colorful Asian-Americans to cast in a reality show similar to 'Jersey Shore'" in the Help Wanted section of the Los Angeles Craigslist. The ad claims to be from HQ Pictures, a production company started by actor-model Tyrese Gibson.
This new series comes hot on the heels of 'Brighton Beach' and 'Sunset Daze,' which have been dubbed 'Jersey Shore' for the Russian-American community and the elderly, respectively.
So when is enough enough?
'Jersey Shore' has proven to be a runaway hit for MTV, but can these counterfeit counterparts possibly live up to the success of the original? While 'Brighton Beach' is still in pre-production, 'Sunset Daze' has already won rave reviews from an initially skeptical public. The geriatric cast of the WE reality show may not get into as many physical altercations as the Jersey kids, but they still dance, drink and bring the drama like their beach house brethren.
Although summer may come and go, romances fizzle and tans fade, 'Jersey Shore,' much like the hair gel that keeps Pauly D so fresh, will stay strong for a long time to come.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon Living Apart, Marriage on the Rocks; How Ciara Discovered Future Was Cheating: Top 5 Stories
- Iggy Azalea Announced As Headliner at the SLS Las Vegas Grand Opening Party
- Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult Complete ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With "Dirty Bath Water"
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Scooby-Doo's' Daphne goes from size 2 to size 8
- Former 'Jeopardy' contestant indicted for assaulting legislator's wife
- Robin Williams' ashes reportedly scattered in San Francisco Bay last week