Dennis Hopper Ordered to Pay $12K a Month to Wife
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 5th 2010 04:04PM
Things just went from bad to worse for Dennis Hopper. During a court hearing on Monday, a judge ordered the actor, who is stricken with prostate cancer, to pay his estranged wife Victoria $12,000 a month in spousal and child support and to continue providing her with a place to live on his property.
Hopper was not in court, but Victoria and his adult children were in attendance to hear Judge Amy Pellman's ruling, which broke down to $8,000 a month in spousal support and another $4,000 in child support.
According to the AP, Hopper's attorney repeatedly described him as being "desperately ill," and last week the actor was visibly frail at the unveiling of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
In court, Pellman implored both parties to work together to ease the impact of Hopper's likely death on the couple's 7-year-old daughter.
Under the order, Victoria can remain living on Hopper's property during the duration of their increasingly bitter divorce battle.
In earlier legal documents, Hopper stated that he is capable of paying Victoria $5,000 a month, no more. Because he is unable to work, the actor's finances are stagnant and his accountant states his liquid assets total about $300,000.
"Hopper has basically lived on income derived from new acting services," his CPA reportedly wrote.
Victoria does not believe Hopper is in financial peril, however, claiming he has earned millions in recent years by selling his artwork. He claims that in the last nine years he has only profited $45,000 from the sales.
Hopper filed for divorce in January. The divorce has also been tripped up by Hopper's requests for visits with the couple's daughter.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- ?Last Man On Earth' has strong premiere
- MTV's 'Shannara' Casts 'Dexter' Alum James Remar
- Justin Bieber Begs Seth Rogen: "Come On Man ... Roast Me!"
- SXSW: 'The Breakfast Club' Restored for 30th Anniversary Screening
- 'Sharknado 3' Snags Mark Cuban, Jerry Springer, Bo Derek, and More
- Calling All 'Divergent Series: Insurgent' Fans! Have We Got a Giveaway for You...
- Rumor Alert: Drew Goddard to Write, Direct 'Spider-Man' Reboot