Dennis Hopper Ordered to Pay $12K a Month to Wife
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 5th 2010 04:04PM
Things just went from bad to worse for Dennis Hopper. During a court hearing on Monday, a judge ordered the actor, who is stricken with prostate cancer, to pay his estranged wife Victoria $12,000 a month in spousal and child support and to continue providing her with a place to live on his property.
Hopper was not in court, but Victoria and his adult children were in attendance to hear Judge Amy Pellman's ruling, which broke down to $8,000 a month in spousal support and another $4,000 in child support.
According to the AP, Hopper's attorney repeatedly described him as being "desperately ill," and last week the actor was visibly frail at the unveiling of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
In court, Pellman implored both parties to work together to ease the impact of Hopper's likely death on the couple's 7-year-old daughter.
Under the order, Victoria can remain living on Hopper's property during the duration of their increasingly bitter divorce battle.
In earlier legal documents, Hopper stated that he is capable of paying Victoria $5,000 a month, no more. Because he is unable to work, the actor's finances are stagnant and his accountant states his liquid assets total about $300,000.
"Hopper has basically lived on income derived from new acting services," his CPA reportedly wrote.
Victoria does not believe Hopper is in financial peril, however, claiming he has earned millions in recent years by selling his artwork. He claims that in the last nine years he has only profited $45,000 from the sales.
Hopper filed for divorce in January. The divorce has also been tripped up by Hopper's requests for visits with the couple's daughter.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Sister Wives' family cites gay marriage ruling in polygamy case
- Lady Antebellum taking a break after current tour
- Christina Milian's newborn nephew dies
- Austrian Actor Peter Kern, the Last of the 'Auteur Dinosaurs,' Dies at 66
- Christopher Nolan to Headline London Film Festival Talks
- Roman Polanski: Polish Court Sets Extradition Hearing Date
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 'Galaxy Quest' TV Series Coming to Amazon
- All 31 MTV 'VMA' Video of the Year Winners, Ranked From Worst to Best
- Here's the First Look at Michael Fassbender in 'Assassin's Creed'