Erykah Badu: Fined $500 and 'Grossly Misunderstood'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 5th 2010 06:44AM
Badu says her stunt has been "grossly misunderstood."
She told Wanda Sykes, "J.F.K. is one of my heroes, one of the nation's heroes... Kennedy was a revolutionary; he was not afraid to butt heads with America, and I was not afraid to show America my butt-naked truth."
Sykes joked that the singer "wasn't afraid to show her badus" in public, but Dallas police aren't laughing. According to the Dallas Morning News, local police state that Badu had disrobed in a public place without regard to other individuals and children, who were in close proximity. Dallas Police Deputy Chief Mike Genovesi said one witness came forward Thursday, telling authorities, "[she] observed Ms. Badu remove her clothing on the public street. The witness had two small children with her and was offended."
Disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor. The ticket -- about as serious as a traffic violation -- will be mailed to Badu. Dallas police say Badu can choose to pay the fine or go to court.
Warning: Video below contains blurred-out nudity.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Zayn Malik Packs on the PDA With Fiancee Perrie Edwards After Exiting One Direction ? See the Vacay Snap
- Kate Burton Isn't Afraid of Aging -- Find Out Why the Full Circle Star Said No to Plastic Surgery
- Katy Perry Accidentally Gives Out Her Phone Number While Sharing Video of Dog Butters, Fans Freak Out Trying to Help Her