Joe Jackson Slams Doctor's Possible Suicide Defense
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 5th 2010 10:10AM
"That's not true," family patriarch Joe Jackson told PopEater of the suicide report. "I don't think they will win with that. It's just not true!"
Jackson is "resting and relaxing" at the family's Encino compound, but he and at least a dozen members of the famous family will be there to face the doctor charged with causing Michael's death.
However, any circus-like event that may spring up Monday could be over before it starts.
The hearing itself will be a procedural one -- the main objective will be to assign a judge to try the case, in addition to setting a date for the preliminary hearing. If Murray attends, he won't be opening his mouth. Murray has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
When the trial does begin, the new defense strategy could prove problematic for prosecutors.
Sources tell the TMZ that Murray admits to giving Jackson a 25 mg dose of Propofol, enough to keep a patient asleep for only 10 minutes. The defense will reportedly claim that Ativan and Versed already present in MJ's system created a "synergistic effect" that put the singer to sleep for much longer.
It's when Murray left the room briefly, his lawyers will argue, that Jackson awoke and injected the remainder of a 20 ml bottle of Propofol into his IV. This injection caused a massive overdose that stopped his heart.
Joe Jackson is in the process of suing Murray, whom he also believes waited too long to get his son to the hospital.
"I want justice for my son, that's all I want, justice," Jackson told PopEater of his civil suit. "Dr. Murray needs to talk and tell everything he knows. All I want is justice for my son's death."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alan Thicke doesn't want to see a 'Growing Pains' remake
- Miranda Lambert takes on Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood'
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen have hit a 'rocky point' but still 'in love'
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson's Cause of Death Revealed
- Extra Scoop: Did Josh Duggar Have a Pregnancy Scare with Another Woman?
- Win It! A Patricia Nash Argos Crossbody Handbag
- Jessa Duggar Shares Adorable Picture of Nephew Israel "Izzy" Dillard Amid Josh Duggar Scandal
- Cate Blanchett Will Play Lucille Ball in a Biopic Penned by West Wing's Aaron Sorkin
- Justin Bieber Reveals Why He Broke Down at the 2015 MTV VMAs on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show