Returning to Vegas 'Nearly Crushed' Marie Osmond
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 5th 2010 04:00PM
Marie Osmond Tells Friends: 'I Will Survive'
After taking some much needed time off following the tragic death of her son, Marie Osmond has vowed to be back and stronger than ever, when she returns to Vegas later this month.
"The awful event and returning to Vegas so quickly nearly crushed Marie. No one will know how bad things were for her. Now, after much soul searching and many conversations with family and God, Marie will survive," a friend of Osmond's tells me.
The friend says that things will never be the same for Marie though. "Now Marie has an even greater understanding of how precious life is and plans to live life to its fullest while privately, out of the public spotlight, doing everything she can to help young people in trouble."
Adam Lambert's Thoughts on Ricky Martin Coming Out
Adam Lambert is privately asking friends, "What took Ricky so long to admit he is gay?"
Apparently, Adam couldn't imagine "bearing your soul on stage when everything you were singing was a lie," a music insider tells me. "It's not just Ricky Martin that bugs him, but all the other gay artists who sing about love and romance with girls and then go and kiss other men."
Adam was the only artist that told the truth about his sexuality at the peak of his success. Elton John, Lance Bass and now Ricky all came out after they had made millions. Oh well, better late than never.
Erin Andrews Gets Extra Security at 'Dancing With The Stars'
The judges won't be the only one watching Erin Andrews carefully when she takes to the 'Dancing With the Stars' dance floor Monday night.
Sources tell me that extra security will be "all over" the ballroom after the recent threats made against Erin. "No one is taking any chances. This is very serious and security, not the quality of the Cha Cha Cha, is our number one priority," a show insider tells me.
"Erin knows about the extra measures, but not every detail. It would be far too distracting and frightening for her. She just wants to focus on her dancing, although under all this pressure that might be impossible."
Erin, hats off to you. You are grace under pressure.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Baby News! Carrie Underwood Is Pregnant
- Joan Rivers' Health Update: Being Brought Out of Coma, Family Has ?Fingers Crossed'
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence and Others Leaked in Massive Hack
- Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress Featured Colorful Designs Drawn By Her and Brad Pitt's Kids -- See the First Pic!
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- Melissa Rivers Releases New Statement on Mom Joan River's Condition; Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked: Top Weekend Stories