Returning to Vegas 'Nearly Crushed' Marie Osmond
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 5th 2010 04:00PM
Marie Osmond Tells Friends: 'I Will Survive'
After taking some much needed time off following the tragic death of her son, Marie Osmond has vowed to be back and stronger than ever, when she returns to Vegas later this month.
"The awful event and returning to Vegas so quickly nearly crushed Marie. No one will know how bad things were for her. Now, after much soul searching and many conversations with family and God, Marie will survive," a friend of Osmond's tells me.
The friend says that things will never be the same for Marie though. "Now Marie has an even greater understanding of how precious life is and plans to live life to its fullest while privately, out of the public spotlight, doing everything she can to help young people in trouble."
Adam Lambert's Thoughts on Ricky Martin Coming Out
Adam Lambert is privately asking friends, "What took Ricky so long to admit he is gay?"
Apparently, Adam couldn't imagine "bearing your soul on stage when everything you were singing was a lie," a music insider tells me. "It's not just Ricky Martin that bugs him, but all the other gay artists who sing about love and romance with girls and then go and kiss other men."
Adam was the only artist that told the truth about his sexuality at the peak of his success. Elton John, Lance Bass and now Ricky all came out after they had made millions. Oh well, better late than never.
Erin Andrews Gets Extra Security at 'Dancing With The Stars'
The judges won't be the only one watching Erin Andrews carefully when she takes to the 'Dancing With the Stars' dance floor Monday night.
Sources tell me that extra security will be "all over" the ballroom after the recent threats made against Erin. "No one is taking any chances. This is very serious and security, not the quality of the Cha Cha Cha, is our number one priority," a show insider tells me.
"Erin knows about the extra measures, but not every detail. It would be far too distracting and frightening for her. She just wants to focus on her dancing, although under all this pressure that might be impossible."
Erin, hats off to you. You are grace under pressure.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Janice Dickinson collapses on 'Celebrity Big Brother UK'
- Will ‘Bachelor' contestant Ashley Iaconetti really lose virginity on national TV?
- Director fires back after critics call out Taylor Swift's video for use of white actors
- Horrifying Video! Janice Dickinson Collapses, Nearly Dies on 'Big Brother' Set
- Shock Couple? Rosie O'Donnell Reportedly Dating Oscar Winner
- Who Is Bryan Randall? Meet Sandra Bullock's New Boyfriend
- Pregnant Kim Kardashian Wears the Same Shimmering Sweater Halter Dress Twice in Two Weeks: See Her Recycled Maternity Style!
- Demi Lovato Inspiring Words to Herself Pre-VMAs Set Caught on Audio: "I Am Enough"
- Kim Richards Skipped Court Appearance Because of Injured Foot: Details