MSNBC's David Shuster in Hot Water Over CNN Pilot
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 5th 2010 01:41PM
According to a report by The Huffington Post, Shuster recently filmed a pilot for MSNBC's competitor, CNN. Shuster did not appear on his home network this past Friday and will not appear on MSNBC today, leading some to believe that he may have been fired.
TV Newser's Gail Shister reports that MSNBC President Phil Griffin "ripped Shuster a new one over the phone," and that many expect Shuster to receive the same treatment upon his return to the MSNBC offices today. When asked for comment, Shuster told Shister, "I can't talk about it."
Shuster had previously been suspended from the network in 2008 after alleging that Hilary Clinton had "pimped out" daughter Chelsea in order to gain support for her campaign.
MSNBC spokesperson Jeremy Gaines said that if Shuster has, in fact, filmed a pilot for CNN, he will be "punished appropriately."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez Drops "Booty" Remix, Sexy Cover Art With Iggy Azalea: Listen!
- Drake, Nicki Minaj Shop at Convenience Store, He Treats Her to Snacks: Watch
- Rachel Bilson Goes Camping With Hayden Christensen for Her 33rd Birthday: New Bump Pictures
- Kourtney Kardashian Asking Booze-Drenched Scott Disick To Enter Rehab After Recent Tumble Off The Wagon
- Chris Martin & Coldplay Going On Tour ? Girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence Joining
- Jennifer Aniston: I don't need to have kids
- 'Sopranos' creator David Chase finally answers question of Tony's death in finale
- 'Chelsea Lately' finale: Naked Chelsea Handler showers with Ellen DeGeneres
- Is Mila Kunis "Nervous" to Give Birth? Find Out How Ashton Kutcher Is Helping His Pregnant Fiancée
- Central Perk Is Real! You Can Hang Out at Friends' Iconic Coffee Shop in NYC
- I Tried 5 Wacky DIY Hair Treatments (Including Eggs on My Head) in Hopes of Achieving Blake Lively's Beautiful Tresses