The Evolution of Nicolas Cage's Hairstyles
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 5th 2010 08:00PM
Nic Cage for the upcoming 'Drive Angry,' Cage in 'Con Air and 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice'
Oh Nicolas Cage! Not only does Nic continue to torture us with sub-par action adventure movies, but he keeps doing it with some unfortunate man hair.
In Nic's latest hair-paux (allegedly for his movie 'Drive Angry'), Cage goes blonde and scraggly, looking less like a movie star and more like a Canadian hockey player.
"Cage, though still considered a heartthrob by many, suffers from some common hair woes, including dated sideburns and a receding hairline. His signature look is a fluffy, combed-back hairstyle, but Cage hasn't been afraid to explore the true depths of bad hair through his various characters," says StyleList's mane guru Marissa Gold.
This new do isn't the first time that Cage has gone business in the front, party in the back for a movie role.
"In 'Con Air,' Cage embraced prison life with a shoulder-length mullet. In an upcoming film, 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice,' Cage has a rogue-looking chin-length shag reminiscent of Meg Ryan having a bad hair day. It's great to see Cage embrace his roles, but could someone throw the guy a bone and let him have great hair for once?" Gold says.
Critics, who like to attribute the start of Cage's unfortunate hair to 'Con Air,' aren't reaching far enough back into Cage lore.
Cage in 'Valley Girl,' 'Peggy Sue Got Married?', 'Raising Arizona' and 'Adaptation'
What about his punk rock feathered locks in 'Valley Girl' or his blonde helmet hair in 'Peggy Sue Got Married?' Or the time he coupled crazy hair with a ridiculous mustache in 'Raising Arizona.'
"Nic Cage's hair actually might be more versatile than Nic is as an actor. It certainly has more depth," says hair blogger Margaret Kelly of Lock & Mane.
A personal favorite is his man fro in 'Adaptation.'
"'Adaptation' may be the closest we get to seeing what Nic looks like when he gets out of bed in the morning," Kelly says.
We are all for embracing a movie character with gusto, but we agree with Gold -- can't someone just write Nic a character with some lovely locks?
MORE ABOUT Nicolas Cage
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicolas Cage Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Toronto: Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton's 'Ruth & Alex' Sells to Focus World
- NBC's 'Marry Me' Enlists Nat Faxon (Exclusive)
- Josh Safran, Mark Gordon Team for Quantico Drama at ABC (Exclusive)
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)