Nicollette Sheridan Sues 'Desperate Housewives' Creator Over Firing
By Bryan Alexander Posted Apr 5th 2010 09:25PM
Sheridan has filed a lawsuit against 'Housewives' creator Marc Cherry, saying he struck her across the face on the set, according to TMZ. She alleges that when she complained, she was fired.
According to legal papers obtained by the Web site, Sheridan is suing for $20 million claiming assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination.
In the lawsuit, Sheridan claims Cherry created a hostile work environment by "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner toward the individuals who work on the show."
Things worsened between Sheridan and Cherry in the fifth season. Sheridan claims on September 24, 2008, he physically assaulted her after she questioned him about something in the script. According to the lawsuit, "Cherry took her aside and forcefully hit her with his hand across her face and head."
Watch the Girls on Pop chat about the lawsuit
According to the suit, after the alleged incident, Cherry went to her trailer to "beg forgiveness."
A spokesperson for 'Desperate Housewives' gave this statement to PopEater in response to the story: "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."
According to TMZ, Sheridan claims that Cherry directed his abuse at other cast and crew members, including star Teri Hatcher after she went above his head to ABC executives.
"I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies," Cherry told Sheridan, according to TMZ's account of the lawsuit.
Sheridan's character, realtor Edie Britt, was killed off the show last year.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Demetria McKinney Makes Her Housewives Debut, Apollo Nida Cuddles Phaedra Parks and More
- Sony Plans to Release The Interview After Pulling It: "It Will Be Distributed"
- Tom Brokaw's Cancer Is in Remission: "I Face the New Year With Very Encouraging News"
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape If She Doesn't Apologize to Azealia Banks
- Diane von Furstenberg Selects Official DVF Global Brand Ambassador—Find Out Who She Hired!
- The Affair Boss Explains Stunning Finale and What's Ahead in Season 2 (More Narratives!)