Exclusive: Lindsay Lohan's Next Stepmom Used To Be Her Assistant
By Ben Widdicombe Posted Apr 7th 2010 04:30PM
Lindsay Lohan didn't sound too pleased that Jon Gosselin's ex Kate Major is engaged to her dad, telling Us Weekly "I'm gonna vomit!" But PopEater can tell you exclusively: Kate first met Michael Lohan because she used to be Lindsay's assistant!
As a fellow celebrity reporter, I have known Kate for years -- and in 2008 we worked together at Star Magazine. And I know first-hand that Kate was once a key member of Lindsay's entourage, serving (either paid or unpaid) as a driver, confidant, an all-purpose factotum.
Another mutual friend provides some additional context: "Kate was really close with Lindsay when she was in rehab at Cirque Lodge in 2007. Kate drove her back to Los Angeles from Utah and was the one that brought in the first-person post-rehab interview for In Touch."
Adds the mutual friend: "They hung out and partied a lot together after that. But Lindsay stopped returning her calls when Kate started getting closer to Michael Lohan. Kate used to go out to the Hamptons and hit events with him and his girlfriend [later reputed fiancee] Erin Muller. She had a picture on her desk of the three of them at a white party out there."
UPDATE: In response to the story, Kate Major tells PopEater exclusively: "I have been good friends with Lindsay and I did do things like drive her around and make hair appointments for her, but I was never paid to be her assistant. Lindsay and I did not stop talking because I got close with Michael, what happened was I moved to New York and we grew apart."
See you at the wedding, kids!
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
Lindsay Lohan super skinny heading to her driving class in Glendale April 6, 2010 x17online.com EXCLUSIVE
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ACM nominations announced, Miranda Lambert leads with 8
- George Lucas: Today's movies have no substance
- Katy Perry: I have some tricks up my sleeve for the Super Bowl
- Berlin: Frances McDormand, Logan Lerman and Christian Slater Jump Into Bed With 'The Wife'
- Super Bowl Stands to Goose Football's Slightly Deflated Ratings
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' vs. 'Kingsman': A Box-Office Battle for Date Night
- Best of Late Night TV: John Oliver's Self-Tasering and Conan O'Brien's 'Clueless Gamer' (VIDEO)
- Watch Live! 'Black or White' Star Kevin Costner's One-on-One With Mr. Moviefone
- 'Still Alice' Review: Julianne Moore Anchors Intense Alzheimer's Film