Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher Hope For a Baby
Motherhood has always been a driving force for Moore. She "wanted to push the boundaries" with her once-controversial 1991 Vanity Fair cover -- in which she posed nude while pregnant. "When I said things like 'I want it all,' that wasn't coming from a place of greed. It was coming from a desire for balance," Moore explains. "I wanted to remove the limitations that I felt were being imposed on me. Why couldn't I be a mother and have a career?"
"I was brave. I was so brave! I had no sense of the impact that it would have," she says of the cover, and admits that she spent years obsessing over her famous figure.
"I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless."
Now that Moore is more relaxed in her own self-assessment, she is fully conscious of the public's interest in her body -- specifically, the ongoing speculation about the number of plastic surgeries Moore has had.
"In truth, I wish there was a little bit less curiosity and fascination with how I look, whether it's good or bad. I understand it, though, and I know it's not something I can control. I only hope it's serving some sort of purpose. ... It feels like school-yard name-calling a lot of the time. It hurts."
"You know what? Maybe one day I'll go under the knife," Moore adds. "It just irritates me that people are constantly saying how much I've spent on plastic surgery."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rapper 'Bobby Shmurda' arrested in gang-related drug case
- North Korea connected to Sony attack as company cancels Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview'
- 'Millionaire Hot Seat' contestant fails on first question
- J.K. Rowling Dismisses Severus Snape Vampire Rumors in Latest 'Harry Potter' Revelations
- Sony: No VOD Release for 'The Interview'
- Dubai Film Fest: 'Into The Woods' Brings 11th Edition to a Close
- Truth, answers, and other things ?Serial' never promised you
- What to expect from the season 5 ?Sing-Off' groups: A very careful aca-sessment
- Nintendinitis is a real, medical thing ? learn the facts
- Sony Pulls 'The Interview'
- Andy Serkis Teases Some Details About 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Review: Lynchpin Movie Hits the Accelerator