Fergie Admits She Tricks Herself to Cut Calories
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 8th 2010 06:56AM
Fergie snagged the May cover of Elle, but admits that staying in photo shoot-ready shape is no easy feat. "I'm not going to lie: There are times I play mind tricks on myself, like that the french fries are poison," she says in the interview. "With desserts, I'll let myself have just one bite, but I'll look like a freak when I'm eating it, like when I did Duncan Hines commercials as a kid, just savoring every morsel."
The effort doesn't satisfy everyone, but Fergie says she's learning to put unkind criticism in its place. "It has hurt me in the past when people say things like how 'fugly' I am or how horrible I look," she says. "I've had to learn not to give it such a high priority in life. ... Look, when you're trying to juggle all of this in your life, sometimes you're not going to look perfect. I don't have time to get a facial every couple of days."
The 'Black Eyed Peas' member and solo singer is married to actor Josh Duhamel, but admits, "When I was younger, I used to be the cheater. I'm not talking about going all the way -- I wasn't doing that in high school! But I'd have boyfriends, and then spring break would come around and I'd be a little bit naughty."
Now, she says, she's "a relationship girl, a romantic."
Of Duhamel, Fergie says, "You grow a deeper love for each other, besides the initial lust and falling in love and all of that. You come to know each other a lot better, you grow together, and it makes you love each other that much deeper."
"With desserts, I'll let myself have just one bite, but I'll look like a freak when I'm eating it, like when I did Duncan Hines commercials as a kid, just savoring every morsel," singer Fergie tells Elle.
See more pics of Fergie >>
See more pics of Fergie >>
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Fergie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Fergie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden engaged
- Political correctness: Is Hollywood headed for a gloomy future?
- Stephen Collins denies he's a pedophile
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Engaged!
- Video: Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg's Screaming Match Over Racism
- See What Elizabeth Olsen Did to Her Hair!
- Iggy Azalea Slams Azealia Banks as a "Bigot" and a "Miserable, Angry Human Being"
- Stephen Colbert Receives Star-Studded Serenade on Final Colbert Report: Watch Video!
- George Clooney Slams Hollywood for Handling of Sony Hack, The Interview: "We Cannot Be Told We Can't See Something by Kim Jong Un"