'Modern Family's' Cameron and Mitchell: TV's Best Couple
By Andrew Scott Posted Apr 8th 2010 04:00PM
Sure, TV couples like Meredith and Derek and Jim and Pam may lead more exciting lives, but Cameron and Mitchell (Citchell? Mameron?) represent one case in which television has crafted a couple that is both relatable and ultimately realistic, no matter your sexual preference.
Like all good couples, Cameron and Mitchell love and support one another. They may not make sense on paper -- Cameron is flamboyant and outrageous, while Mitchell is more of a straight man (no pun intended) -- but they've found a working balance between one another that gets them through even the most dire and embarrassing situations -- like, you know, when Cameron decides that he wants to dress up like a clown, or when Mitchell wants to quit his job. As shown in the clip below, it all evens out eventually.
Better yet, they're not perfect. They have fights; they worry too much; and, for better or worse, they make their fair share of mistakes, from offending a mall Santa to accidentally locking their daughter, Lily, in their car. In other words: They go through the same everyday problems as we do, and we love them for it. (Heck, my parents accidentally locked me in the car once, and I turned out OK.)
And while Lily's doctor may disagree a little, Cameron and Mitchell are terrific parents. Some may label their parenting skills as overprotective -- they jump at the quietest sound coming from Lily's baby monitor (Says Cameron: "I'm like a mother bear. When I hear my cub crying, I have to run to her.") -- but they just want the best for their daughter, and apply the same kind of love they have for each other to her, if not more. We don't know which parent Lily will ultimately take after, but she'll be a lucky girl either way.
So, here's to Cameron and Mitchell, the best -- not to mention funniest -- couple on television, who every Wednesday night make us more than happy to be part of their family.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ricki Lake Files For Divorce From Husband Christian Evans, Offers to Pay Spousal Support
- Bruce Jenner Smokes, Gets Red Manicure on 65th Birthday; Kate Gosselin Avoided Ex-Husband Jon Gosselin at Yard Sale: Top 5 Stories
- Larry King Ponders the Meaning of Life, Unleashes His Innermost Thoughts in Late-Night Twitter Spree
- ?He Said He'd Pay Her': How ?Manipulative' Hank Baskett Tried To Cover Up The Transsexual Scandal ? Model's Best Friend Tells All In Video Confession
- Booby Chaps! 10 Photos Of Male Celebrities Sporting An Impressive Set Of Man Boobs
- My Everything! Ariana Grande Is ?Spending The Holidays' With ?Soul Partner' Boyfriend Big Sean
- Shania Twain reveals she has more music in the works
- ?Nashville' recap: Family drama shakes up love triangle
- The lovely and talented ladies of country music
- Katniss Threatens Snow in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay—Part 1 Final Trailer, "Burn"—Watch Now!
- Pregnant Milla Jovovich Reveals Sex of Baby No. 2—Find Out What She's Having!
- We Might Not Recover from Tonight's American Horror Story: Freak Show: Our Rants and Raves