Rehab Keeping Jesse James Out of Court
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 9th 2010 07:26AM
RadarOnline.com reports that the lawsuit can't proceed while James is still in the program.
James' attorney Kim D. Ashley states, "Mr. James is currently unavailable as he is in a treatment facility. Mr. James is expected to be unavailable from 30-60 days."
James' associate Hildie Katibah says in a sworn declaration, "Jesse James is in a treatment facility participating in a program that requires a minimum of 31 days of participation in order for it to be effective. He is therefore expected to be unavailable for the next 30 to 60 days. I cannot go into any further detail at this time."
James has also filed a counter suit against Fortune Fusion. A trial date of May 4, 2010, had been set, but there is no confirmation of a new date.
The fashion fight isn't James' only legal concern. He was cited last Thursday for allegedly vandalizing a paparazzo's parked car near his bike shop the week before. The incident also resulted in a stalking citation for the photographer, and TMZ reports that police executed two search warrants yesterday in connection to the case.
Law enforcement sources say investigators searched two homes where the photographer had been staying and seized several items, including videotapes and photographs.
Long Beach Police Sgt. Dina Zapalski explains that citations issued to to both James and the paparazzo are equivalent to an arrest, and city prosecutors can choose whether to press charges. No charges have been filed at this time.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Movie News -
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi Celebrates Great Gatsby-Themed Bridal Shower With Jersey Shore's Sammi Giancola and Deena Cortese: All the Details
- Jake Gyllenhaal Looks Gaunt in Creepy New Nightcrawler Trailer
- Days of Our Lives Actress Eileen Davidson Joining The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
- Police Found Sandra Bullock's Stalker With An Arsenal Of Weapons ? Now She Wants To Flee Hollywood For Good
- Chris Pratt Attends The European Premiere Of ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ At The Empire Leicester Square
- Scare Tactics? Author Of New Clinton Expos
- Weird Al Yankovic has his first No. 1 album ever
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves