Rehab Keeping Jesse James Out of Court
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 9th 2010 07:26AM
RadarOnline.com reports that the lawsuit can't proceed while James is still in the program.
James' attorney Kim D. Ashley states, "Mr. James is currently unavailable as he is in a treatment facility. Mr. James is expected to be unavailable from 30-60 days."
James' associate Hildie Katibah says in a sworn declaration, "Jesse James is in a treatment facility participating in a program that requires a minimum of 31 days of participation in order for it to be effective. He is therefore expected to be unavailable for the next 30 to 60 days. I cannot go into any further detail at this time."
James has also filed a counter suit against Fortune Fusion. A trial date of May 4, 2010, had been set, but there is no confirmation of a new date.
The fashion fight isn't James' only legal concern. He was cited last Thursday for allegedly vandalizing a paparazzo's parked car near his bike shop the week before. The incident also resulted in a stalking citation for the photographer, and TMZ reports that police executed two search warrants yesterday in connection to the case.
Law enforcement sources say investigators searched two homes where the photographer had been staying and seized several items, including videotapes and photographs.
Long Beach Police Sgt. Dina Zapalski explains that citations issued to to both James and the paparazzo are equivalent to an arrest, and city prosecutors can choose whether to press charges. No charges have been filed at this time.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Movie News -
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Inherent Vice First Trailer: Reese Witherspoon, Joaquin Phoenix Reunite in Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Molly Sims Is Pregnant, Expecting Second Child With Husband Scott Stuber
- Josh Elliott Engaged to Liz Cho: NBC Sports Anchor to Marry ABC Reporter
- Marriage ?Feels Pretty Damn Great,' Says George Clooney, As He Shows Off Wedding Pics With Amal Alamuddin On Magazine Covers Internationally
- Check Out Those Legs! Jessica Simpson Arrives at JFK with Eric Johnson
- Wiz Khalifa: ‘I Just Didn’t Want to Be Married to Her Anymore’
- 'Jeopardy' slammed on social media for 'sexist' category
- Blake Shelton grows up on new album 'Bringing Back the Sunshine'
- Norway Funeral Home refuses to bury Casey Kasem