'True Blood' Star Stephen Moyer Blames HBO for Relationship With Anna Paquin
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 9th 2010 06:10PM
For a special 'True Blood' tribute, Details magazine presents three different covers with the three leading men -- Stephen Moyer, Ryan Kwanten and Alex Skarsgard.
In an interview, Moyer, who is currently engaged to 'True Blood' co-star Anna Paquin, talks about their relationship. "It's HBO's fault, he says. "They put us in the same hotel ... We hung out for a while and got to know each other. The attraction was there, so it was a matter of whether we acted on it or not."
Kwanten also talks about his abs, and Skarsgard's father -- actor Stellan Skarsgard -- reveals how his son coped with being a preteen star in Sweden. More Quotes and Photos Inside
Moyer on being a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company: "I didn't want to do film or commercials or television. That was cheap. That was selling out. I was the classic liberal, left-wing, 'Theater is going to change the world' kind of person. You know, very, very boring."
Moyer on playing vamp Bill Compton as almost motionless: "He doesn't have a pulse, so he wouldn't twitch or make unnecessary movement."
How Moyer pronounces his fiance's character's name, Sookie: "We were given that pronunciation very early on by ['True Blood' author] Charlaine Harris herself. Sookie rhymes with cookie. It doesn't rhyme with kooky."
Kwanten on his abs: "We have amazing computer-generated effects. It's my head on someone else's body."
Kwanten on the show's sex scenes: "I'm very comfortable with my body. Most of the time the girl is going to be more scared of the scene than me. So I make a pact with them like, 'Let's be in this together. I've got your back and you have mine."
Kwanten's parents' reactions: "My parents have seen the show. My mom walked in on me a few times when I was living at home-you know, caught in the act. She's seen me in uncompromising positions before."
Skarsgard on being a Swedish child star: "Being a star in Sweden is like being a star in Omaha."
Skarsgard on being in the Swedish marines: "Sweden is probably one of the three countries least likely to get in a war, so the military's pretty safe."
Stellan Skarsgard weighs in on his son's reaction to being a preteen heartthrob: "He didn't like it at all. At the age of 12, he had girls standing outside the house. They would ask his younger brother Gustaf to let them in, and sometimes it worked."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Demi Moore arrives at the premiere of 'The Joneses' on April 8th in Los Angeles.
Charley Gallay, WireImage
Charley Gallay, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duggar Fans Create Counter-Petition to Save TLC Show; Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Latest Mean Tweets Segment: Top 5 Stories
- Jessica Hall Pregnant! Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Expecting First Child With Husband Kyle Carlson
- Armie Hammer's Wife Elizabeth Chambers Celebrates Baby Shower: Photos, Details
- Could Adam Lanza Have Been Stopped? Sandy Hook Report Cites Missed Chances To Avoid School Massacre, Cites ?Parental Denial'
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Beyoncé's "7/11" Video: 13 Dance Moves You Should Try to Bust Out This Weekend—Watch & Learn!
- Ryan Reynolds' Brothers Sound Amazing: Check Out the Actor's Thankful Tale of Earring Solidarity
- Katherine Heigl Gets Real About the Rude-Girl Rumors, Reveals How She Used John Mayer to Get Her Future Hubby to Commit