Conan O'Brien Signs Deal for Show on TBS
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 12th 2010 01:00PM
Conan O'Brien will make his highly anticipated return to television on TBS, TVGuide.com reports.
Yes, you read that right. It had long been speculated that the red-haired funnyman would land on FOX, but he has struck an agreement with the cable network for an 11 PM show that will run Monday through Thursday.
"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable. My plan is working perfectly," O'Brien said.
He even joked about his new job on his Twitter account. "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."
O'Brien's new series will debut in November. Currently, TBS airs George Lopez's late-night talk show, 'Lopez Tonight,' at 11, but Lopez will move to midnight to make room for Coco.
"I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in," Lopez said. "It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," Lopez said in a statement.
"Conan has been the comedic voice for a generation. TBS already has a huge audience of young comedy lovers, and Conan's show will give these fans even more reasons to watch our network," the president of Turner Entertainment Networks, which owns TBS, added.
O'Brien spent 16 years with NBC as host of 'Late Night With Conan O'Brien.' He then transitioned to host of 'The Tonight Show,' which lasted only seven months before he left NBC -- with a $40 million payout.
The comedian is in the middle of touring with his live show, called 'Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour.'
Conan O'Brien Snapshots
UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - JANUARY 22: (TABLOIDS-OUT) In this handout photo provided by NBC Universal Inc., Conan O'Brien appears on the final episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien January 22, 2010 in Universal City, California. (Photo by Paul Drinkwater/NBC via Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Conan O'Brien
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kourtney Kardashian Celebrates 35th Birthday With Surprise Trip to Mexico: Bikini Pictures
- Cate Blanchett's Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Shares Her Secrets to Wearing Any Look
- Enrique Iglesias' Father Julio Iglesias Has Never Met Girlfriend Anna Kournikova After 12 Years of Dating
- Porn Star Arrested On Animal Cruelty Charges ? Abuse Fetish Videos Among ?The Most Horrific We've Ever Seen,' Says PETA
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Rapper Andre Johnson Used Steak Knife to Cut Off Penis and Testicles While on Drugs, Source Says
- Parks and Recreation Finale Features Big Changes, "Exciting" Moments That Set Up Season 7
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Guest Star on Nashville, Y'all—Plus, Which Country Starlet Is Joining Her?