Conan O'Brien Signs Deal for Show on TBS
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 12th 2010 01:00PM
Conan O'Brien will make his highly anticipated return to television on TBS, TVGuide.com reports.
Yes, you read that right. It had long been speculated that the red-haired funnyman would land on FOX, but he has struck an agreement with the cable network for an 11 PM show that will run Monday through Thursday.
"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable. My plan is working perfectly," O'Brien said.
He even joked about his new job on his Twitter account. "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."
O'Brien's new series will debut in November. Currently, TBS airs George Lopez's late-night talk show, 'Lopez Tonight,' at 11, but Lopez will move to midnight to make room for Coco.
"I can't think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in," Lopez said. "It's the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy," Lopez said in a statement.
"Conan has been the comedic voice for a generation. TBS already has a huge audience of young comedy lovers, and Conan's show will give these fans even more reasons to watch our network," the president of Turner Entertainment Networks, which owns TBS, added.
O'Brien spent 16 years with NBC as host of 'Late Night With Conan O'Brien.' He then transitioned to host of 'The Tonight Show,' which lasted only seven months before he left NBC -- with a $40 million payout.
The comedian is in the middle of touring with his live show, called 'Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour.'
Conan O'Brien Snapshots
UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - JANUARY 22: (TABLOIDS-OUT) In this handout photo provided by NBC Universal Inc., Conan O'Brien appears on the final episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien January 22, 2010 in Universal City, California. (Photo by Paul Drinkwater/NBC via Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Conan O'Brien
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
- Teresa, Joe Giudice Celebrate Daughter Gia's Cheerleading Win After Pleading Guilty to Fraud Charges: Pictures
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Jennifer Aniston Says She Would Like to Trade Bodies With Gisele Bündchen, Admits She's Not a Fan of Selfies
- Teresa and Joe Giudice Cheer on Daughter at Cheerleading Competition After Pleading Guilty to Fraud Charges
- Taylor Swift and Lorde Enjoy Girls' Day in New York City