Russell Crowe Ditches Tights for New 'Robin Hood'
"There are no tights in this film," Crowe told Reuters. "They weren't invented until quite a few hundred years after when the story takes place. I do apologize to those who will be disappointed that there are no tights."
Heights give the perpetual hero a bit of pause: "I used to be fine climbing up things. Now I've got to steel myself for heights. Things like looking out an open window inside a helicopter 1,600 feet up in the air."
Despite the fabled telephone-toss assault, Crowe considers himself in complete authority over: "My own emotional state. Everything else, I'm comfortable and happy to remain a student on."
He's trying to quit: "Cigarettes, for sure. [Pause] To tell you the truth, I'm not really trying. What I'm doing is trying to bring it closer to the forefront of my mind every day. Spending too long at the computer is starting to become a big deal. I live in Australia but my businesses are in so many other parts of the world, I tend to spend way too many hours on a daily basis answering e-mails."
He may start gladiating the Twittersphere soon: "I'm thinking of using Twitter when we go out and do press for 'Robin Hood.' I've been thinking that it might be interesting for people to follow because you're tweeting from country to country and seeing different things every day.
His message to female co-stars: I'm a naturally generous person, so don't take it personally. And when I'm working with you, I will be your sword and your shield.
Crowe received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today, saying, "There is no place I would rather be, apart from with my family, than on a movie set of a feature film."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dustin Hoffman: Film today is 'the worst'
- Sarah Jessica Parker is still apologizing for 'Sex and the City 3' rumors
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' actress Amanda Peterson dies at 43
- European Genre Forum Takes Over Zagreb
- China's Wanda Cinemas, Movie Site Team on Movie Merchandising
- China Box Office: Homegrown 'Monk' Beats 'Jurassic World'
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Dies at 43
- U.S. Women's World Cup Final Win Scores Soccer Ratings Record
- Rumor Alert: Rachel McAdams May Play 'Doctor Strange' Female Lead