Kate Gosselin and the Kids Hollywood-Bound?
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 13th 2010 02:00AM
Kate Gosselin is certainly famous, and now the mom of eight and current 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant wants to stay famous by making a move out west. Yep, the octomom is in the market for a house in Hollywood and a new agent, according to her pals. Details on Kate's Hollywood dreams, plus Conan scoop, after the jump!
Kate Plus Eight Heading to Hollywood
Sources tell me that in between dance practices, Kate Gosselin has been house hunting in the Hollywood Hills for a mansion big enough for her and her eight kids.
"Now that Kate has tasted the excitement of Hollywood, there is no way that she is going to return to Pennsylvania," a friend of Kate's tells me. "She is looking at homes in the Hollywood Hills in gated communities in the $2 million range. Kate is insisting the properties she sees have a pool, at least six bedrooms, an outdoor hot tub and, bizarrely, a recording studio!"
And it's not just a home that Kate has been looking for in Los Angeles. Sources tell me she has been meeting with agents, managers and publicists.
"Kate wants to be a movie star," one insider tells me. "Kate thinks that after Jennifer Aniston's last few films didn't do so well, America needs a new girl next door. And who better to fill Jen's shoes than Kate!"
That's right. Because when I think girl next door, the first thing that jumps to mind is a single mother of eight with more public baggage than Grand Central Station. Keep dreaming, Kate, and please don't tell us you are planning to record an album, too.
Why Fox Would Rather Run Old 'Seinfeld' Than New Conan
After lengthy discussions with Conan O'Brien, Fox ultimately decided it would be better to continue showing re-runs of 'Seinfeld' than give Conan another chance at a network late night talk show.
"Conan wanted too much money," a TV insider tells me.
"He refuses to admit that he was a ratings failure at NBC and overestimated his worth in the negotiations. It is much cheaper for Fox to re-run episodes of 'Seinfeld' opposite 'Letterman' and 'Leno' rather than try and develop its own late night show to compete against them," the insider said.
Now Fox's loss is TBS' gain, where Conan will be returning to TV in November.
"Conan was willing to take a huge pay cut to appear on cable, something that he had been unwilling to do for network Fox," a source tells me. "Plus, being on cable, everyone has a much lower expectation on ratings. Conan is being careful not to put himself in a position to fail again."
Brad Pitt Calls In Grandma
Even the biggest male movie star in the world needs a little help from his mom when he is left alone to take care of six kids.
Sources tell me that Brad Pitt begged his mother to fly to Europe last week and help him baby sit the kids while Angelina Jolie was at work on her new movie.
"Brad gave the nannies the week off, as he was determined to show Angie that he could look after the children all by himself.
However, after only four days he called in reinforcements," a friend of the couples tells me.
Bless him. It's far harder being a father than a movie star.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!