Cashing In On Marilyn Monroe: X-Ray and Other Unusual Items Up For Auction
By Steven Avalos Posted Apr 13th 2010 12:20PM
MSNBC reports that for just the right price, these items (and more!) could be yours at the Hollywood Legends auction at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas June 26-27. Get a sneak peak before you buy after the jump.
Darren Julien and Martin Nolan from Julien's Auction House appeared on 'The Today Show' to discuss the upcoming sale, claiming that demand for Monroe memorabilia has been on the rise, especially overseas where the market is not as saturated. They value this batch of items up for auction anywhere from $800 (for a psychiatrist's bench she once laid on during the filming of 1961's 'The Misfits') to $1,200 for the aforementioned x-ray.
Interestingly enough, that psychiatrist bench may have also been used by Frank Sinatra and Vivian Leigh, both patients of Monroe's same doctor. And it appears interest in celebrity x-rays isn't as uncommon as you would think, a set of Elvis Presley's were sold last year for $5,000 each.
The x-ray, obtained by a radiology resident at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, joins other Monroe effects up for sale, including her Chanel No. 5, her lingerie nightshirt, a set of skis and numerous, previously unreleased, color photographs of Monroe posing on a beach with co-star Tony Curtis on the set of 1959's 'Some Like It Hot.'
Of course, it remains to be seen whether any of these items will top the 1999 auction value of the dress Monroe wore for her infamous tribute to President John F. Kennedy's 45th birthday in 1962. The price? A cool $1.26 million.
Marilyn Monroe Auction Items
Julien's Auctions Hollywood Memorabilia is auctioning off Marilyn Monroe memorabilia, including personal photos, bank statements, scripts, signed checks, and the chair used in the star's final photo shoot, on June 26 - 27, 2010 at Planet Hollywood Casino in Las Vegas. See what else is for sale. >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Halle Berry launching a lingerie line
- Zack Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- New report claims Elizabeth Pena died from alcohol abuse
- TV Ratings: Most Series Steady Against Improved World Series, 'The 100' Returns Down
- A Day in the (Very Busy) Life of Shondaland MVP Tom Verica
- Forever Fest 2014 to Feature 'Mean Girls' 10th Anniversary Screening (Exclusive)
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Brad Pitt's 'Between Two Ferns' Is the Most Hilarious Installment to Date
- The 'Insidious: Chapter 3' Trailer Is Frightfully Fun (VIDEO)
- The 31 Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now