'Bombshell' McGee Tells Sandra Bullock: 'I'm Sorry'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 13th 2010 08:32AM
Weeks after making the announcement that would change Sandra Bullock's life forever, Michelle 'Bombshell' McGee says she's sorry for sleeping with the Oscar-winner's husband, Jesse James. McGee gave an interview to Australian TV show 'Today Tonight,' speaking out for the first time on television about her affair with James, saying: "Sandra, I'm sorry for your embarrassment ... I'm sorry all this is public. I'm sorry for everything."
McGee says that she wants to give Bullock "a heartfelt apology," but that James is really the one to blame in this situation.
McGee became a household name -- and face -- when in the week following Bullock's Best Actress Oscar win, she revealed in In Touch Weekly that she and James had engaged in a sexual affair. In the weeks following, several other women have also claimed to have had affairs with James.
"I feel like I was duped just as much as Sandra was ... I feel like I was lied to just as much as she was. If Jesse was upfront with me in the beginning, we wouldn't be in this situation," McGee told the Australian reporter.
So how does McGee think Bullock feels at this point? "She must be hurt, devastated, upset, embarrassed," McGee said in the interview. McGee said it was "very bizarre" seeing James and Bullock on television together at the Oscars. She also reflects on a different acceptance speech in which Bullock thanked James for having her back.
"When she said this man really has my back, I'm like, 'No ... he's doing it behind your back.' It's just kind of gross," McGee said.
McGee said she was shocked by the anger that has been directed at her since the affairs became public.
"I've been getting very harsh reactions, name-calling -- 'I'm a homewrecker, a slut, a w***e,' and I'm very surprised by that, that more people aren't taking my side," she said. "I don't want any pity ... but Jesse is the bad guy here. I got duped as much as Sandra did."
Since the affair became public, James has entered a treatment facility and has not made any public comments aside from a vague apology issued through his publicist.
The tattooed McGee also went on 'Inside Edition' to tell her tale. She even responded to Tina Fey's recent comments on 'SNL' mocking her alleged ties to neo-Nazis (she reportedly has a swastika tattoo).
"That's very hurtful. Very hurtful for her to even bring up Hitler and whose side he'd be on," McGee said of Fey's jokes.
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"