Larry King Files for Divorce From Wife No. 7
Larry King has filed for divorce from Shawn Southwick, his seventh wife, after 13 years of marriage, TMZ has learned. In court papers submitted Wednesday afternoon in L.A. County Superior Court, King cites "irreconcilable differences" for wanting to end the marriage.
King's spokesperson Howard Rubenstein confirmed the filing to PEOPLE, saying "his major concern is the welfare of his children, and beyond that he's not going to comment about the divorce."
King lists the separation date as April 13 and is asking the court for joint custody of their two kids and also to deny Southwick any spousal support. Minutes after he filed, Southwick's lawyer followed suit, asking for primary physical custody as well as spousal and child support.
Despite the apparent tension in their relationship, the two were seen together as recently as Tuesday night, when a PopEater source spotted King and Southwick having dinner at a popular Beverly Hills steakhouse.
The CNN talk host, 76, and Southwick, 50, tied the knot in 1997 and have two sons together, 11-year-old Chance and Cannon, 9. This will actually be the eighth divorce from seven different women for the CNN host. She has an older son from one of her three previous marriages.
They exchanged vows in a hospital room shortly before he went into surgery for a clogged blood vessel.
Their touching wedding aside, both have faced infidelity rumors throughout their time together. In December of 2009, the National Enquirer alleged that King had an affair with his wife's younger sister, Shannon Engemann. Sources tell TMZ that Southwick believes King has been having an affair with her sister for five years and the cover was blown when she checked his Visa statement and saw King had bought expensive gifts, including a $160,000 car and "tons of gifts from Cartier." Her sister, tells TMZ it's absolutely not true.
In 2008, Southwick faced cheating claims of her own, as the Enquirer reported she had an affair with the baseball coach of her and Larry's son.
The couple caused a stir in 2007 when they engaged in a very public spat inside and out of a Beverly Hills restaurant. The heated incident forced King's longtime rep, Rubenstein, to clarify: "He only has good feelings about her. He's deeply concerned about her well-being. He has enormous affection for her. He denies berating her."
In 2008, Southwick, a former singer and TV host, entered rehab for addiction to painkillers. Her father, Karl Engmann, told PEOPLE that the issue was related to painful migraines. "She finally decided to do something about it," he said. "We're happy she's taking care of herself and everything will be fine."
Stay tuned ...
Age Difference: 23 years
Dave Hogan, Getty Images
Vince Bucci, Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Frank Micelotta / Getty Images
Jim Spellman, WireImage.com
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Vince Bucci, Getty Images
Getty Images (2)
Matt Sayles, AP
MTV / Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure; Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Need For Space: Top 5 Stories
- President Obama's Teenage Daughters Were Not Impressed During the White House Turkey Pardon -- Watch Their Priceless Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Calls Justin Theroux Her "Creative Crush", Says He Will Spend 20 Minutes Trying to Scare Her at Night
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy
- Bill Cosby Joke Gone Wrong: Roseanne Barr Tweets Then Deletes Picture Post About Getting Into a "Tussle" With the Actor