Madonna 'Has No Idea What 'Glee' Is'
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 14th 2010 02:00AM
Madonna's No Fan of 'Glee'
It seems as if everyone on the planet is planning on tuning in to watch 'Glee' -- everyone, that is, except Madonna, whose songs will be featured on the show next week.
"Madonna doesn't have a TV and has no idea what 'Glee' is," a friend of the Material Girl tells me. "The show did ask her if she wanted to make an appearance in the much-hyped Madonna episode. She said 'no thanks' and, to be honest, she would rather they sing an Elton John song than butcher one of hers."
It's true that artists have no control over who sings their songs on TV, although Madonna will make over $100,000 in royalties from the 'Glee' episode that contains her material.
Not bad for an artist who says yes to 'Marriage Ref' but no to 'Glee.' At least we got our Madonna eye candy by seeing Jane Lynch in a cone-bra.
Why 'Idol' Is Nervous About Adam Lambert's Return
Adam Lambert is under strict instructions to keep his hands -- and tongue -- to himself when he takes center stage on 'American Idol' this week.
"'Idol' does not want a repeat performance of what Adam did at last year's American Music Awards, where he simulated sex and kissed a male member of his band," an insider tells me. "The producers are confident that Adam will stick to their rules, however, they are taking no chances and making sure they have a 3-second delay on the live show, just in case Mr. Lambert goes rogue."
Sources tell me the other bone of contention was that Adam didn't want to perform in front of the judges.
Whenever a big star appears on 'Idol,' Simon and his three friends generally leave. Last week, Rihanna refused to take the stage until the judges had left, however, I hear this will not happen for Adam. Even in Adam's post-'Idol' career, Simon's still ready to pounce.
Which 'Today' Host Just Ran a Triathlon?
Of all the great celebrities that participated in the Nautica South Beach Triathlon, no one shined brighter than the 'Today Show's' Natalie Morales. After finishing the race in 2:52:17, my new favorite anchor was all smiles signing autographs and even giving out training tips (lots of sunscreen and water!).
Natalie laughed that the hardest part of the race was definitely the swimming, saying she wanted them to rescue her from the water, 'Baywatch'-style. After raising over $175,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the classy lady flew back to New York for work Monday morning on 'Today.' We think her back-and-forth with Kitty Kelley might be more exhausting than the race!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jay Z leads Grammy nominations with 9
- Actors who played real people
- Bob Dylan's Newport guitar sells in NY for $965,000
- ?The Following' season 1 video recaps ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS
- ?Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond
- ?Vampire Diaries' actress Candice Accola stars in The Fray's ?Love Don't Die' video, kisses fiance Joe King ? VIDEO
- Austin Mahone Wants a Lamborghini for Christmas!
- Danica Patrick on Paul Walker's Death: ?It Feels a Little Bit Too Close to Home'
- Paul Walker's Memorial Service: All the Details
- Wendy Williams: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Original Sound of Music Star Slams Carrie Underwood, Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son: Top 5 Stories
- Drew Barrymore Teases Baby's Gender With Blue and Pink Nails: See the Picture of Her Manicure