'Modern Family' Star Sarah Hyland Has 'Disney Hair' and Thinks Julie Bowen Is 'Really Hot'
By Denise Warner Posted Apr 14th 2010 04:00PM
PopEater chatted with the 19-year-old actress and she told us what we really wanted to know -- how she gets her hair to look so amazing. "I call that 'Disney hair.' They just curl it and then you put your fingers through it ... It looks like everyone on Disney," she tells us.
Hyland also discussed what's coming up this season, her favorite basketball team and how she thinks her TV mom, played by Julie Bowen, is "really hot." Read More Inside:
What's the best part about working on 'Modern Family'?
I think it has to be the people. Julie [Bowen] and Ty [Burell] and everyone on the show are so funny and they are so nice. It's one big party all the time. It's like a circus.
Do you have a favorite episode?
I think my favorite episode would be the episode where Julie ... is in her underwear because she's really hot.
What can we expect from the rest of the season?
A lot of laughs, a lot of lessons learned.
You filmed in Hawaii, right?
Yeah, we were filming in Hawaii.
That must have been fun.
It was beautiful. It was amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes. I started crying when I went out on my balcony. I was like, "This is so cheesy that I'm crying but I love it, it's so beautiful."
You're 19 now and you've been working since you were young. What has it been like transitioning from a child actor to an adult?
I haven't really noticed a difference because I've just been working. I understand the whole concept ... but I haven't really noticed a difference at all because if you keep working and nothing stops, it's all the same.
Is there anyone you're dying to work with?
Gabourey Sidibe. We really clicked at the Golden Globes. We e-mail each other now. I think it would be so much fun to work with her. She's hysterical. She's an amazing actress.
I see from your Twitter account that you're a Lakers fan. Are you looking forward to the playoffs?
I am really looking forward to it.
Unfortunately, I'm a Cavaliers fan, hopefully we'll see you there.
Oh, we will see you there. And we will conquer.
That's probably true. Besides basketball, what else are you watching on TV?
When football season is on, I love watching football. I'm a Cowboys fan. I love watching 'Community' and 'Southland.' I've been watching 'Lost' since the pilot aired. Although I'm not caught up with 'Lost,' because, until this season, I was watching it every Wednesday, and now it's on Tuesday for some reason. Oh, because we're on, never mind. That just hit me. I was like, "Why is it on Wednesdays? What's on in its time slot? Oh, we are!"
One last question -- your hair is amazing on the show, we're all jealous. How do you get it to look like that?
I call that "Disney hair." They just curl it and then you put your fingers through it ... It looks like everyone on Disney.
Check Out Our Interview With Hyland's 'Modern Family' Co-Star Eric Stonestreet
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Nicolas Cage arrives at the 'Kick-Ass' premiere on April 13th in Hollywood.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!