'Modern Family' Star Sarah Hyland Has 'Disney Hair' and Thinks Julie Bowen Is 'Really Hot'
By Denise Warner Posted Apr 14th 2010 04:00PM
PopEater chatted with the 19-year-old actress and she told us what we really wanted to know -- how she gets her hair to look so amazing. "I call that 'Disney hair.' They just curl it and then you put your fingers through it ... It looks like everyone on Disney," she tells us.
Hyland also discussed what's coming up this season, her favorite basketball team and how she thinks her TV mom, played by Julie Bowen, is "really hot." Read More Inside:
What's the best part about working on 'Modern Family'?
I think it has to be the people. Julie [Bowen] and Ty [Burell] and everyone on the show are so funny and they are so nice. It's one big party all the time. It's like a circus.
Do you have a favorite episode?
I think my favorite episode would be the episode where Julie ... is in her underwear because she's really hot.
What can we expect from the rest of the season?
A lot of laughs, a lot of lessons learned.
You filmed in Hawaii, right?
Yeah, we were filming in Hawaii.
That must have been fun.
It was beautiful. It was amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes. I started crying when I went out on my balcony. I was like, "This is so cheesy that I'm crying but I love it, it's so beautiful."
You're 19 now and you've been working since you were young. What has it been like transitioning from a child actor to an adult?
I haven't really noticed a difference because I've just been working. I understand the whole concept ... but I haven't really noticed a difference at all because if you keep working and nothing stops, it's all the same.
Is there anyone you're dying to work with?
Gabourey Sidibe. We really clicked at the Golden Globes. We e-mail each other now. I think it would be so much fun to work with her. She's hysterical. She's an amazing actress.
I see from your Twitter account that you're a Lakers fan. Are you looking forward to the playoffs?
I am really looking forward to it.
Unfortunately, I'm a Cavaliers fan, hopefully we'll see you there.
Oh, we will see you there. And we will conquer.
That's probably true. Besides basketball, what else are you watching on TV?
When football season is on, I love watching football. I'm a Cowboys fan. I love watching 'Community' and 'Southland.' I've been watching 'Lost' since the pilot aired. Although I'm not caught up with 'Lost,' because, until this season, I was watching it every Wednesday, and now it's on Tuesday for some reason. Oh, because we're on, never mind. That just hit me. I was like, "Why is it on Wednesdays? What's on in its time slot? Oh, we are!"
One last question -- your hair is amazing on the show, we're all jealous. How do you get it to look like that?
I call that "Disney hair." They just curl it and then you put your fingers through it ... It looks like everyone on Disney.
Check Out Our Interview With Hyland's 'Modern Family' Co-Star Eric Stonestreet
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Nicolas Cage arrives at the 'Kick-Ass' premiere on April 13th in Hollywood.
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Gorgeous New Wedding Photo: See Her Couture Gown!
- Kaley Cuoco Officially Debuts Blonder, Shaggier Pixie Cut on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Teresa Giudice Gets Thrown In Nicole Napolitano's Line of Fire on Upcoming Real Housewives of New Jersey: Exclusive Clip
- Nicole Kidman & Husband Keith Urban Bid Farewell To Her Father Antony At His Sydney Funeral, Sing Duet Of ‘Amazing Grace’
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban Bid Farewell To Her Father Antony With Vivid Memories, Duet Of ?Amazing Grace,' As Russell Crowe Lends Support As Pallbearer
- Booty Battle! Jennifer Lopez & Iggy Azalea Shake Their Bottoms In New Music Video
- Gerard Depardieu says he can drink 12-14 bottles of wine a day
- Out of their league: Ugly guys who date bombshells
- James Franco tells AOL to stop censoring his work
- Dakota Johnson Is Brunette Again After Brief Stint as a Blonde—See the Pic!
- Papa Original Is Back! Sebastian Roche Dishes on His Return to The Originals and a Possible Family Reunion in Season 2
- Nashville Premiere Sneak Peek: Rayna Decides Who She's Going to Marry—Does She Pick Luke or Deacon? Watch Now!