Dennis Quaid: Medical Errors Nearly Killed My Twins
"There were 41 hours where their lives were in the balance." He said it was the most frightening day of his life and left him and his wife, Kimberly, in "shock, anger and confusion."
After doing some research, Quaid realized this problem was widespread and decided to raise awareness. Even many health care leaders are not aware of how big the problem is, he claims.
He added, "This is a preventable error." At the time, Quaid and his wife had agreed to a $500,000 settlement with the hospital.
Quaid has produced a documentary about medical mistakes called 'Chasing Zero: Winning the War on Heathcare Harm,' which will air on the Discovery Channel April 24."If you hit them in the heart, it sets the hands to work," he said.
Quaid said his twins have "apparently no ill effects" from their ordeal. "We were really lucky to have a happy ending," he said.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rob Bironas Dies at Age 36: Former Tennessee Titans Kicker Killed in Car Crash
- Jessica Simpson Brings Daughter Maxwell, Son Ace to Her Fashion Show With Husband Eric Johnson: Pictures
- Hilary Duff Talks Lizzie McGuire Reunion: "Why Not?"
- Usher Appears At The Encore Beach Club Las Vegas Nevada
- Happy Ending! The Same Day Honey Boo Boo's Mama June & Sugar Bear Confirm Separation, Fan-Favorite Uncle Poodle Announces Engagement To Boyfriend Alan
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- 'Maze Runner' tops the box office this weekend
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Emotional as She Remembers Her Dear Friend Joan Rivers—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Katherine Heigl Seemingly Confuses Iraq for Afghanistan in State of Affairs On-Set Snap
- 6 Things We Were Obsessed With While Watching Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run HBO Special