Dennis Quaid: Medical Errors Nearly Killed My Twins
"There were 41 hours where their lives were in the balance." He said it was the most frightening day of his life and left him and his wife, Kimberly, in "shock, anger and confusion."
After doing some research, Quaid realized this problem was widespread and decided to raise awareness. Even many health care leaders are not aware of how big the problem is, he claims.
He added, "This is a preventable error." At the time, Quaid and his wife had agreed to a $500,000 settlement with the hospital.
Quaid has produced a documentary about medical mistakes called 'Chasing Zero: Winning the War on Heathcare Harm,' which will air on the Discovery Channel April 24."If you hit them in the heart, it sets the hands to work," he said.
Quaid said his twins have "apparently no ill effects" from their ordeal. "We were really lucky to have a happy ending," he said.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andre Johnson, Rapper, Severs Penis, Jumps Off Building, Survives
- Will Arnett Files for Divorce From Amy Poehler 19 Months After Split
- Lamar Odom Officially Signs With New York Knicks for Remainder of NBA Season
- Monster Mom Tamra Barney ‘Needs To Take Responsibility’ For Text Message Tirade, Top Psychologist Says: ‘You’re The Mature Adult, Walk Away!'
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor said I had two years to live