Dennis Quaid: Medical Errors Nearly Killed My Twins
"There were 41 hours where their lives were in the balance." He said it was the most frightening day of his life and left him and his wife, Kimberly, in "shock, anger and confusion."
After doing some research, Quaid realized this problem was widespread and decided to raise awareness. Even many health care leaders are not aware of how big the problem is, he claims.
He added, "This is a preventable error." At the time, Quaid and his wife had agreed to a $500,000 settlement with the hospital.
Quaid has produced a documentary about medical mistakes called 'Chasing Zero: Winning the War on Heathcare Harm,' which will air on the Discovery Channel April 24."If you hit them in the heart, it sets the hands to work," he said.
Quaid said his twins have "apparently no ill effects" from their ordeal. "We were really lucky to have a happy ending," he said.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince Harry Attends London Marathon, Visits Prince William, Kate Middleton Ahead of Royal Baby's Birth: Pics
- Kim Kardashian Visits Bruce Jenner Following Diane Sawyer Interview: Pics
- Jessa Duggar Shares Photos of Jill Duggar's "Sweet Family" With Baby Israel, Hubby Derick Dillard
- Rob Kardashian Calls Bruce Jenner a "Role Model" After Diane Sawyer Interview, Kim Kardashian Shares Selfies
- Kris Humphries Posts Snarky Tweet After Bruce Jenner Interview, Then Clarifies Message—Find Out What He Said
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Says Avengers: Age of Ultron Cast Is Like ''Family,'' But Did He Endure ''Initiation Tests''?