Shirtless Ryan Phillippe Still Sad About Divorce
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 15th 2010 04:40PM
Ryan Phillippe has lived more than half of his 35 years in the media spotlight, beginning with his controversial role as gay teen Billy Douglas on 'One Life to Live.' The actor has continued to captivate audiences in his adulthood with his golden boy looks, acting chops and his role as a tabloid darling following his split from wife Reese Witherspoon, which he admits to feeling blamed for by the press. In an interview with Men's Health, the actor discusses how he's coming to terms with his divorce and what he plans for the future.
On his divorce from actress Reese Witherspoon:
"I still have sadness and complicated feelings about my divorce ... But how beneficial is it to keep hanging onto those feelings?"
On his breakout role at age 17 as a gay teen on the soap opera 'One Life to Live':
"I would worry, 'What will the people at school think?' And they shunned me in a lot of ways ... But it ended up being an incredible experience and such a time of growth for me."
On working with Will Forte and Kristin Wig on 'McGruber':
"I tend to internalize and analyze, but with them, there's none of that. There was no edit, no judgment. I was just a really free atmosphere."
On his mentor, Clint Eastwood:
"He's in the latter part of his experience on the planet, and he's still growing. He's open to new ideas and he's changing the way he sees things. It's something I want to encourage in myself: Don't close off."
On getting older:
"I thought the more experience you had, the more certain you would be about life. But I'm finding the opposite, man. I'm more in wonder and confusion than I was in my 20s."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Mark Wahlberg thinks of safety first as he attends the Grand Prix kickoff event on April 14th in Costa Mesa, California.
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
Jason LaVeris, FilmMagic
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Ryan Phillippe
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ryan Phillippe Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- 'Jurassic World' Teaser Welcomes Visitors to the Park
- International Emmys: Why the Awards Show Has Become Much More Important to Hollywood
- Box Office: 'Mockingjay' Nabs $275M Globally But Hits Franchise Low in U.S.
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Soars to the Top Spot
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know