George Lopez to Sandra Bullock: 'When Times Are Tough, Friends Step Up'
By Dino Sossi Posted Apr 16th 2010 02:00PM
"She's my fairy godmother," said Lopez when asked why he's been visiting Bullock recently. "She knows how much I care about her. And, you know, when times are tough, friends step up." The remarks by the frank-talking but supportive 'Lopez Tonight' star aired during an interview on E!'s 'Daily 10' show Thursday night.
Lopez has been at 'The Blind Side' star's side in her Hollywood Hills home and giving updates to paparazzi squatting in the area. "She's all right," said Lopez after a visit on April 6.
"She's a beautiful person, and when she needs friends, of course, I'm going to be there," he said. Bullock pulled the 'George Lopez' star out of relative obscurity during a stand-up performance in 2000. She was one of the executive producers of his eponymous show, which first aired on ABC in 2002. "Sandra Bullock completely gave me life," he told People during a 2006 interview.
And although he has been charitable with his time and energies, there is a limit to how far he would defend Bullock. "Oh, he'd kick my ass," quipped Lopez about Bullock's husband Jesse James. "I can't beat him up. That dude's strong!"
Sandra Bullock, 45, recently nabbed an Academy Award for her work in 'The Blind Side.' Her celebration was short-lived as revelations of repeated marital infidelities by James soon surfaced. Ensuing allegations and revelations have resulted in a voyeuristic Tiger Woods-like fascination which has consumed the media and tabloid followers.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
©BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM Sandra Bullock with Chandler, Sunny, and Jesse James, Jr. take a stroll in Huntington Beach. NON-EXCLUSIVE March11, 2010 Job: 100311NN2 Los Angeles, California www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rainn Wilson Show Drops Vine Star Curtis Lepore After Outcry
- Iron Man's Long History of Fighting His Fellow Avengers
- 'Laggies' Director Lynn Shelton on Connecting To Film About Growing Up Your Own Way
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming