Joe Biden to Literally Be on 'The View' This Week
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 19th 2010 08:51AM
Folks! Get ready for a spirited debate this Thursday on 'The View' -- Vice President Joe Biden will sit down with the ladies for a live appearance, the show announced Monday morning.
Biden will be part of the program's ongoing 'Red, White and View' series of political guests and discussions. Expect contentious moments with the show's most conservative host, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who will be tempted to debate the seasoned politician about health care, financial reform and, of course, the brewing Tea Party.
A press release announcing the appearance hints that Barbara Walters and the ladies will bring up some of the personal hardships Biden has faced, namely the deaths of his wife and one-year-old daughter in a 1972 car accident.
Biden last appeared on ABC's 'The View' in 2007 while promoting his book about his life in politics.
His free-speaking style and penchant for gaffes -- he recently dropped the F-bomb on live television -- should make things interesting. Expect phrases like "folks!", "ladies and gentlemen" and "literally" to be well-represented.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Marc Maron Doesn't Use Deodorant: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Anne Meara, Mother of Ben Stiller, Wife of Jerry Stiller, Dies at 85
- Jenelle Evans Parties With Ex Fiance Nathan Griffith Months After Split: Pic
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Buffy & Willow Reunion! Sarah Michelle Gellar & Alyson Hannigan Are Almost Twinsies—See the Cute Photos!
- Rewind! 10 Best Style Moments From Kimye's Wedding Week One Year Later
- Kelly Rutherford Wins Sole Custody of 2 Children Amid Years-Long Legal Battle, Kids Ordered to Return to U.S.