Joe Biden to Literally Be on 'The View' This Week
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 19th 2010 08:51AM
Folks! Get ready for a spirited debate this Thursday on 'The View' -- Vice President Joe Biden will sit down with the ladies for a live appearance, the show announced Monday morning.
Biden will be part of the program's ongoing 'Red, White and View' series of political guests and discussions. Expect contentious moments with the show's most conservative host, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who will be tempted to debate the seasoned politician about health care, financial reform and, of course, the brewing Tea Party.
A press release announcing the appearance hints that Barbara Walters and the ladies will bring up some of the personal hardships Biden has faced, namely the deaths of his wife and one-year-old daughter in a 1972 car accident.
Biden last appeared on ABC's 'The View' in 2007 while promoting his book about his life in politics.
His free-speaking style and penchant for gaffes -- he recently dropped the F-bomb on live television -- should make things interesting. Expect phrases like "folks!", "ladies and gentlemen" and "literally" to be well-represented.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heaven King Slays the Viral Game With New "Hit the Quan" Music Video
- Scott Disick Jammed Out to Kanye West Club Music With Rod and Kimberly Stewart: Details
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead: Les Miserables Broadway Actor Dies at 21
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- The Bachelorette Star DeAnna Pappas Reveals She's Pregnant With Baby No. 2!
- Nick Jonas Can't Stop Singing Frozen's "Let It Go" During Demi Lovato Concert—Watch Now!
- Giuliana Rancic Celebrates Duke's Third Birthday With Bill Rancic: "You Will Always Be My Baby"