Joe Biden to Literally Be on 'The View' This Week
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 19th 2010 08:51AM
Folks! Get ready for a spirited debate this Thursday on 'The View' -- Vice President Joe Biden will sit down with the ladies for a live appearance, the show announced Monday morning.
Biden will be part of the program's ongoing 'Red, White and View' series of political guests and discussions. Expect contentious moments with the show's most conservative host, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who will be tempted to debate the seasoned politician about health care, financial reform and, of course, the brewing Tea Party.
A press release announcing the appearance hints that Barbara Walters and the ladies will bring up some of the personal hardships Biden has faced, namely the deaths of his wife and one-year-old daughter in a 1972 car accident.
Biden last appeared on ABC's 'The View' in 2007 while promoting his book about his life in politics.
His free-speaking style and penchant for gaffes -- he recently dropped the F-bomb on live television -- should make things interesting. Expect phrases like "folks!", "ladies and gentlemen" and "literally" to be well-represented.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Addresses Candis Cayne Dating Rumors
- Bachelor in Paradise Season 2 Premiere Recap: Ashley I. Falls Hard for Jared
- Cosby Show Producer: Bill Cosby Rape Allegations "Kind of Tarnished" the Show's Legacy
- 'Mission: Impossible' climbs to No. 1, 'Vacation' is a bust
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Dave Annable's Wife Odette Celebrates Second Baby Shower in One Week: "I Feel So Blessed"
- Bachelor in Paradise is Back and Full of Tears: Who's Falling For Who After One Episode?
- Jamie Chung Celebrates Upcoming Wedding With Enchanting Bridal Shower and Surprise Tribute to The Bachelor