Is Sandra Bullock Being Too Calculating by Choosing to Talk to George Lopez?
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 19th 2010 03:11PM
Does Sandra Bullock's decision to reportedly give her first televised interview since Jesse James' infidelity scandal broke to her buddy George Lopez, just as his TBS series is bumped to a later time slot in the fall for Conan O'Brien, show a calculating side of Bullock the business woman, eager to see her protege succeed, or is she simply making the decision to open up about her personal life to a close friend once she is at a safe distance from her husband's scandalous affairs?
"I think George is a great friend of hers and he's been very supportive in her time of need. Like any BFF, she's going to be there for him and she knows she can trust him to not talk or ask about anything awkward," explains Bonnie Fuller, editor-in-chief of HollywoodLife.com.
But as much as George will take pains to treat Sandy with kid gloves, Sandy will be giving George the gift of big ratings. Enter Sandra the businesswoman. Bullock has a vested interest in the success of her friend George's show. The fall will be tough going for Lopez as well, as his popular late night program is pushed back to make room for Conan O'Brien, who the network is doing cartwheels over landing. A get like Sandra's first interview is worth its weight in gold for Lopez. Not only is she helping out George, whose sitcom she executive produced years ago, but she is solidifying her reputation as a loyal friend and business partner -- the polar opposite of her lying and cheating husband.
"She's my fairy godmother," Lopez said in an interview with E! last week. "She knows how much I care about her. And, you know, when times are tough, friends step up."
In November, both parties will be stepping up to the plate, George as protector and Sandra as benefactor.
It seems like a win-win, but from a PR perspective, some experts say that waiting so long to come out with her side of this sad story will be bad timing. What Bullock hasn't taken into account is the short attention span America has for scandal. Sure, her husband's affairs with scads of skanky women may be all over the media today, but in a few months no one will care. A new scandal will replace this one. Come fall, Charlie Sheen could be in and out of rehab a couple of times, Larry King will be married again and Justin Bieber will be having an affair with Tina Fey.
"She must have her reasons as to why she is waiting so long to set the record straight, but without knowing it just doesn't make sense. Between now and November people will be diverted by another scandal, so why would she want to rehash the news and throw her life into turmoil again? I guess we will have to wait and see," says PR guru Rebecca Brooks, President of The Brooks Group.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
It's hard to catch a Sandra Bullock sighting in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal. See pics of the beautiful starlet >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report