Sandra Bullock May Have to Swap Her Razzie
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 19th 2010 11:12PM
Sandra Bullock has been all over the news this year -- first with the relatively benign news of her missing dog, then her Oscar win and subsequent public heartbreak when news of her husband's infidelity hit the press. Now the star has come up against bad news again, this time on behalf of the Razzie Awards.
Although there's no debate within the Razzie committee that Sanda's work in 'All About Steve' was 2009's most Razzie-worthy performance, they're asking the actress to return her award. Unbeknownst to Bullock, she accidentally walked away from the ceremony with an original Razzie, a handmade sculpture that has been present at the awards since they began in the 1980s. Winners are usually rewarded with a replica of the original, made for under $5.
E! Online reports that Bullock, who won the Academy Award for her role in 'The Blind Side' just one day after accepting her Razzie, has not yet been formally asked by the Razzie Awards to return the statuette, due to the recent upheaval in her personal life.
John Wilson, co-founder of the Razzie awards, came out in support of the actress, saying, "Sandra has our full permission to give the Razzie to her dirt-bag of a husband. She's a lovely person and it saddens me that somebody that good-hearted has been through what she has. However nothing stops 'All About Steve' from being a stinker of movie."
Despite the less-than-flattering nature of the award, Bullock took the criticism in stride, saying, "I had the best time at the Razzies. Both awards are going to go on a shelf. Well maybe the Razzie will go on a lower shelf... It's the best equalizer. Nothing lets me get too full of myself."
Although Wilson thinks that Bullock was more than deserving of her Razzie, he admits that she may not have been the worst actress of 2009. "I mean – did anyone actually see Megan Fox in 'Transformers 2'?"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- Showtime to End 'Californication' After Seventh Season
- John Rood out at DC Entertainment
- 'Eric Andre Show' Renewed for Third Season at Adult Swim
- Fran Drescher joins Broadway's ?Cinderella' as wicked stepmother
- Debra Messing and Eric McCormack discuss ?Will & Grace' legacy, karaoke, and ?Breaking Bad'
- 'Terminator 5' Has a New Subtitle (Maybe)
- Bryan Singer to Direct 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- 'Scarface': 25 Things You Didn't Know About Al Pacino's Classic Crime Drama