Sandra Bullock May Have to Swap Her Razzie
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 19th 2010 11:12PM
Sandra Bullock has been all over the news this year -- first with the relatively benign news of her missing dog, then her Oscar win and subsequent public heartbreak when news of her husband's infidelity hit the press. Now the star has come up against bad news again, this time on behalf of the Razzie Awards.
Although there's no debate within the Razzie committee that Sanda's work in 'All About Steve' was 2009's most Razzie-worthy performance, they're asking the actress to return her award. Unbeknownst to Bullock, she accidentally walked away from the ceremony with an original Razzie, a handmade sculpture that has been present at the awards since they began in the 1980s. Winners are usually rewarded with a replica of the original, made for under $5.
E! Online reports that Bullock, who won the Academy Award for her role in 'The Blind Side' just one day after accepting her Razzie, has not yet been formally asked by the Razzie Awards to return the statuette, due to the recent upheaval in her personal life.
John Wilson, co-founder of the Razzie awards, came out in support of the actress, saying, "Sandra has our full permission to give the Razzie to her dirt-bag of a husband. She's a lovely person and it saddens me that somebody that good-hearted has been through what she has. However nothing stops 'All About Steve' from being a stinker of movie."
Despite the less-than-flattering nature of the award, Bullock took the criticism in stride, saying, "I had the best time at the Razzies. Both awards are going to go on a shelf. Well maybe the Razzie will go on a lower shelf... It's the best equalizer. Nothing lets me get too full of myself."
Although Wilson thinks that Bullock was more than deserving of her Razzie, he admits that she may not have been the worst actress of 2009. "I mean – did anyone actually see Megan Fox in 'Transformers 2'?"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Jennifer Lawrence requests investigation after nude pics leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- 'The Maze Runner' Rules Revealed in New Featurette
- 'Foxcatcher': Steve Carell's Chilling Mission Statement Triggers a Chant in New Trailer
- Why We Won't See Screech's Suspenders in 'The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?