Crystal Bowersox: Ryan Seacrest Betrayed Me
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 20th 2010 12:39PM
NY Post reports. Last week, TMZ reported that Bowersox contemplated leaving 'Idol,' but that Seacrest swooped in and saved the day. But after news broke, Bowersox sent a text message to Katelyn Epperly, a friend from the 'Idol' Top 24 tryouts, admitting she'd been "betrayed by Seacrest" and had never been seriously ready to quit. "She had a moment backstage and they made it into something it wasn't ... She's still in the game," Epperly said.
In a PopEater poll last week, 73 percent of over 34,400 voters said that even though Bowersox reportedly almost quit 'Idol,' they would still vote for her. The front-runner tweeted on her official 'Idol' Twitter page yesterday, "No apologies for being human. Life is always testing one's strength and weakness threshold. That's how we learn how strong we really are."
Bowersox allegedly was more upset over the E! News reports that glorified Seacrest, who later confirmed the story in more detail. "'Idol's' very own Superman, aka our very own Ryan Seacrest, was on hand to save the day," the story reads. "Ryan confirms reports that he tracked down an emotionally drained and homesick Crystal in the parking lot after a show some two weeks ago and talked her down."
"The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house," Seacrest told E!, paraphrasing the advice he gave Bowersox.
"Media is a funny thing. Stretched and skewed and far from the truth. Let's play telephone and see what we come up with!" Bowersox said in another tweet.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Demi Moore arrives at the premiere of 'The Joneses' on April 8th in Los Angeles.
Charley Gallay, WireImage
Charley Gallay, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser Have O.C. Reunion on Hart of Dixie Finale: Photo
- Calvin Harris Said He'd Skip Taylor Swift on Tinder Days Before Nashville Outing: "She's the Opposite of My Type"
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts Flashback Photo of First Night She Met Scott Disick
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Photo of Night She Met Scott Disick...and it Looks Far From Romantic—See the Pic!
- Jeremy London Is Latest to Join Mallrats 2—Which Other Former Cast Members Are Returning?
- 7 Reasons Why Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Would Actually Be the Perfect Couple